Comair sues FAA, Lexington airport

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The unicom point is laughable.
No it isn't, Comair should sue Unicom. Someone on Unicom could had intervened.

As far as 121 airplanes making decisions? Who cares, jump in your pickup truck and lay rubber for all I care.

No it isn't, Comair should sue Unicom. Someone on Unicom could had intervened.

As far as 121 airplanes making decisions? Who cares, jump in your pickup truck and lay rubber for all I care.

And maybe they should sue multicom while they are at it. I think that yore 121 airplane making decision for pilot thing is clever. You should run with that......you might make a few bucks. Great concept if yah ask me....your a pretty smart dude.

And maybe they should sue multicom while they are at it. I think that yore 121 airplane making decision for pilot thing is clever.
I think that the county airport dudes should take their monster cab pick up trucks and lay rubber and do doughnuts, then head for city hall and pee on a statue. That'll be the ultimate act of defiance, for sure.

Still not a good example. Forty-nine people may have lived had things outside of the flight crew been different. Air rules can not even begin to be compared to road rules. There have been other incidents, even recently, where flight crews took off from the wrong runway and just happened to get lucky. Try again. I just know how terrible some airline pilots are. Outside factors can influence factors of survival. You would be a fool to believe otherwise.

Fly safe.

And 49 people would have lived had the crew done the job they were paid to do.
I'm not arguing that there weren't outside factors that could have changed the outcome of this accident. What would you suggest? Should we assign a "follow-me" vehicle to each airplane to ensure they get to the proper runway. Maybe we should run our numbers past the tower before each takeoff and see if they agree with our performance calculations. A chase car could run along beside us as we speed down the runway to remind us to rotate. Thanks but no thanks. I don't need my hand held.
I'm a pilot. I have made mistakes. I take responsibility for those mistakes.
You were apparently raised a little differently than I was.

Wow, I didnt know that a "121 airplane" wouldnt dare takeoff from some runway. The day that happens when an "airplane" can make a decision for the pilots will be somethin else!

The unicom point is laughable.

Doesn't the fly-by-wire on the Airbus basically make some pilot decisions? It won't (normally) allow the pilot to get the plane outside a programmed flight envelope.

Doesn't the fly-by-wire on the Airbus basically make some pilot decisions? It won't (normally) allow the pilot to get the plane outside a programmed flight envelope.

Ofcourse I am being sarcastic with FNFAL's wording, but the bus wont let you not takeoff on 33R in BOS if you were lined up and throw the power to it. Much as it wouldnt make a decision for you to not fly a 0/0 approach.

Latest resources

Back