Comair question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Obi-Wan

Whats the deal with this launch program at comair? Is it part of the interview? Seems kinda weird it would be part of the interview after the interview.

I'm not sure what "launch program" you're talking about. I know that they were trying a program to give some lower time new hires with no jet time, a little exposure to the a/c (sim) and systems. I assume this is the program that you are referring to.

Comair's "Bridge Program", also know as Launch is an evaluation process to see if the New Hire Pilot is capable of completeing the prescribed AQP program.

It involves 8 hours in the simulator followed by an evaluation of the NH's skills and ability to fly and manage the aircraft. This is all done without any sytems knowledge or ground school for the NH. They get one day on checklist usage, calls, Flight Control Panel work on a CPT and work with a FMS, then into the sim.

If they are successful, as are most, they begin indoc and ground school within a week.

This is not part of the interview process ... it is for new hires. There have been a handfull who have not passed and they were terminated immediately.

This program was established to handle the low time pilots coming into Comair. The FAA deemed that it could not be part of the AQP program and thus it takes place before any real traing begins.

Other airlines have come to Comair to learn about it and maybe implement it into their programs.

Hope this helps.

What is reserve time like at Comair???

well all new hires are goin to JFK and out here reserve is pretty short. Your lookin at probably around 2 months to hold a line out here. At least thats what it is currently, no idea what it will be in a few months will all the pilots there shippin out here

And the cost of a crashpad?

im payin $165 right now and im prolly only 15 min. from the airport. Although, im kinda in the middle of nowhere with not a whole lot around. Theres enough places to eat if your hear for a short time but to sit reserve here for a few months, i would recommend paying a little more and getting a place by kew gardens. Theres alot more happening out there compared hear, in Jamaica, Queens.

That isn't bad..........

Latest resources

Back