Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
spinproof said:
Fins

I've read the quote several times I can't seem to find where he lied!!!
There has never been any seniority integration plan put forward by the ASA, or Comair MEC. That was a lie designed to separate pilots along ALPA apartied lines. I am tired of hearing the lie repeated.

The collective bargaining process is apparently under attack by the same "Freddie smooth talk" who promoted the portfolio of carriers concept to begin with. Comair's new President has been quoted in the press - talking about 90 seat jets. That is a violation of the Delta PWA.

"On Your Six" comes along like the mainline hatemonger he is and starts slamming the Comair MEC. Is On Your Six too stupid to realize that ALPA is all that has kept the uppidty RJ pilots on the Plantation to begin with? Undermining ALPA while he is on furlough, in favor of a management team that wants scope busting airplanes at Comair is foolish.

But then again, this whole mentality that separates our union in to fractions is foolish.

~~~^~~~

Last edited:
~~~^~~~ said:
There has never been any seniority integration plan put forward by the ASA, or Comair MEC. That was a lie designed to separate pilots along ALPA apartied lines. I am tired of hearing the lie repeated.

you know what, there may not have been any plan put forward by either the ASA or CMR MEC. I really don't care. But I know for a fact (had more than one on the jumpseat) that there were individual ASA and CMR pilots running around saying they were going to get DOH integration and be bidding the 767 soon. And for the record, I don't remember the Delta MEC ever saying that DOH (or any specific integration) had been asked for. They did (correctly) point out that if we could not agree on an integration, it would end up in arbitration, where anything was possible.

So, you believe we should all be punished because of what a few idiots believed a long time ago? The Delta pilots could have solved all of their problems with a simple attempt at trying the PID. They are the ones that stonewalled us.

Our MEC has never stonewalled anybody. Whoever thinks this is just misinformed.

9rj, if you're so in love with the growth of CHQ, then apply. It sounds to me you're more worried about getting off reserve and a quick upgrade than anything else.

The pilot group at Comair set an example with the strike that the rest of us should applaud. They made the airline a place that a pilot could spend his career if he chose to do so. Something very important in this day.

The days of spending a few years in the regionals and then moving on to a high paying career at the majors are over. You need to realize this, and strive to improve the wages and working conditions at your carrier, rather than cave in to management in the hopes that they will buy you a few more shiny new jets.

~~~^~~~ said:

The collective bargaining process is apparently under attack by the same "Freddie smooth talk" who promoted the portfolio of carriers concept to begin with. Comair's new President has been quoted in the press - talking about 90 seat jets. That is a violation of the Delta PWA.

"On Your Six" comes along like the mainline hatemonger he is and starts slamming the Comair MEC. Is On Your Six too stupid to realize that ALPA is all that has kept the uppidty RJ pilots on the Plantation to begin with? Undermining ALPA while he is on furlough, in favor of a management team that wants scope busting airplanes at Comair is foolish.

But then again, this whole mentality that separates our union in to fractions is foolish.

~~~^~~~

Yes division is stupid. So in good faith why doesn't the "old" Mec resign now to show unity? Bring on new faces for a new start to a bitter campaign that will be waged by "B-1" Buttrell.

They won't! Because it's not a matter of unity, to them it's a matter of EGO! In there belies the problem and the antimosity they have spread since,and before, the last contract! The sheer arrogance displayed by this group attemps to fracture a determined pilot group and only serves their interest.

They didn't win the "Battle star",this pilot group did, and I can assure anyone willing to put them to a test, it will be won again!

Last edited:
skydiverdriver said:
So, you believe we should all be punished because of what a few idiots believed a long time ago? The Delta pilots could have solved all of their problems with a simple attempt at trying the PID. They are the ones that stonewalled us.

I never said you should be punished. And for the record, I think the Delta MEC screwed up big time in not trying the PID. I don't think it would have worked, ultimately management has the final decision, but we should have tried. My point is if you want to blame someone for the rumors about seeking a DOH merger, look within your own pilot group. There were certainly some big mouths running around, and we didn't know if they were just a couple of loose cannons or if thats what you would ultimately be seeking. Also, I think if your MECs had come out and said you would not be seeking DOH, there was a whole a better chance it would have happened. No matter how you look at it, it was not handled very well.

Spinproof,

Didn't you just elect new LEC officers? Sounds like the pilot group has spoken.

If you are really so upset with your MEC leadership -- well the ALPA constitution and bylaws have a recall process in place. Why complain on a message board? Go to your next LEC meeting and start the recall process if you're so displeased.

FurloughedAgain said:
Spinproof,

Didn't you just elect new LEC officers? Sounds like the pilot group has spoken.

If you are really so upset with your MEC leadership -- well the ALPA constitution and bylaws have a recall process in place. Why complain on a message board? Go to your next LEC meeting and start the recall process if you're so displeased.

Yes there is a new LEC and they are split on the MEC vote. A new Sec/treas was elected and the old MEC and its allies on the new LEC said it was done out of order. Thus putting this whole process in recess.

I say again when you put personal interest and politics above service you are not doing your fiduciary duty and should resign!

This pilot group has spoken. This MEC fails to listen.

Last edited:
That doesn't quite make sense...

Your NEW LEC should not have a vote on whether to reelect the currence MEC chair and vice-chair.

That should be done by the old LEC. ALPA did that on purpose to prevent a coup'

That is why I suggested that if you dont like the results of that election, then you begin the recall process.

I would venture that if the recall process has not begun then either the Comair pilots have NOT spoken, or the vast majority of them simply dont agree with you.

I wouldn't count on elected leadership to step down unless you go through the process -- and that means getting the majority of your 1800 pilots on board.

Spinproof:

Interesting points. The "Candidate" for MEC Chairman is really an excellent guy. I try to stay out of MEC politics on web boards. but your thoughts are very well taken.

Regardless of the outcome of the MEC realignment, Freddie Smooth Talk should not be trying to circumvent ALPA. It is a dangerous precedent and a further destabilization of an already explosive situation.

Delta has really gone over the cliff on financing without using bankruptcy to preserve cash. I think the days of fee for departure are nearing an end and the CRJ200 is potentially a gas guzzling white elephant now that mainline carriers are bring prices down to LCC levels, even in markets that would never support a low cost cherry picker. Management will cut the only cost they can, labor, as low as they can and then lower ticket prices in a never ending spiral trying to beat other alter ego carriers who are doing the same thing. Somebody has to stand and support the profession. Comair, ASA is with you.

~~~^~~~

Latest resources

Back