Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General Lee said:
Surplus1 and AFellowaviator,

Once again, let me get this straight---it was the Delta MEC's fault that we have furloughed pilots. Hmmmm. What?

Yep! Failed scope which allows the company to hire and furlough at the same time. Failed in a sense that with three pilot groups on the property, they were not smart enough to see this could happen.

. ASA doesn't have a problem with allowing our pilots to fly for them, and now they have some sort of preferential hiring when things eventually turn around, even if it is 3-4 years from now.

YEP, After all the squadran buddies get preff #1, then the freinds of the corporate people, then the family members, then the interns, then the sons and daughters. Sounds like snake oil to me. That is why our mec was able to see thru it.

the Fred Butrell said that Comair's MEC obviously has some influence with their management.

AND THANK GOD THEY DO. Are you saying this is a bad thing?

Well, he is also ensuring that his own pilot group will probably not get hired at Delta when things turn around.

Empty threats from an empty minded person.

I keep saying that Lawson could never see himself as an MD88 FO for Delta. He doesn't want that, and that is dangerous for everyone who might. He is thinking about the needs of himself and the top 100 guys over there, without considering the bottom 1500.

Well, he was thinking of ALL Comair pilots when he wanted to discuss concerns that all Comair pilots share. Job security and scope.As I said before, he does not run an employment agecny, he is the MEC chairman.

And to top it off, we helped you when you needed it with checks and support---

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, now will you give it a rest? Delta pilots have been the only ones to throw that in our face.

Bye Bye---General Lee:cool:

Afellowaviator,

At the end of the day, one fact is undeniable: Delta pilots supported Comair pilots during their ill-fated strike and Comair pilots (at least their MEC) did not reciprocate with support when Delta furloughees were in need.... Instead, Delta furloughees were used as bargaining chips - "We will provide preferential hiring to furloughees if we get X..."

You can slam General Lee and me all you want, but the facts remain... Support is appreciated, and ASA pilots interested in Delta will benefit.

Ill-Fated? What exactly do you mean?

There will be plenty of Comair pilots get hired at Delta. Leo is not going to open up his company to a bunch of law suits. Any one with half a brain can see this. Uh, Leo, please don't hire any Comair pilots, we already told them you won't hire them because our MEC is mad at them. Leo says, uh, right..... YOU MUST BE OUT OF YOUR EVER LOVING GORD! Lets get this straight. You advertised all over the aviation world that they will not be hired as revenge, and now you expect me to go along with that? Your fired for being stupid, greive it.

Yea, that will happen. I'm scared.

You cannot discriminate in hiring based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, or disability (except pilots). You can discriminate in any other way you desire. If DAL does not want to hire pilots for any other reason, they are free not to.

How many airlines will not hire scabs? Where are all of the lawsuits over this practice? How will you even know they are turning Comair pilots down for interviews based on this, do you think they will write it down in a memo that your RJDC lawyers could later find in discovery? Will DAL keep statistics on how many Comair pilots they don't hire? I think not.

AFELLOWAVIATOR:

Leo may be all for hiring Comair guys, but the fact is that Delta pilots are very involved in the interview process. I don't see that changing when the next round of interviews starts. You won't get hired at Delta without first doing part of the interview with a Delta line pilot or retired Delta pilot. The CMR MEC really screwed the guys there that want a chance at a Delta job someday. There's no way around that. I know you don't want to work at Delta someday, but try to think about someone else for a change. When the DAL MEC comes asking for help, your first thought shouldn't be "what can I get out of this?" They helped you in the past during the strike, you should help them now that you have the chance. That's just common decency.

sleepy said:
You cannot discriminate in hiring based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, or disability (except pilots). You can discriminate in any other way you desire.

Um, you had better get the law books back out. My sister is a Lawyer. According to the law, if the Delta pilots got Leo to go along with your petty revenge scheem, he would be open to a ton of law suits. She has been practicing for 20 years and represents people who have been turned down for employment for many, many reasons other than what you quoted. One company was purposely not hiring OSU alumni. Seems the President hated OSU, he was a Texas Tech.grad from years ago. Some one spilled the beans after a lot of OSU people got suspicious, and my sister petitioned the court for an enjunction against the discrematory behavior until it could be heard in court.
The President was removed (fired) and a HUGE cash settlement was made to 128 people. It was a publicly held company with a lot of business in Oklahoma. As a result, they lost a lot of contracts with Oklahoma companies.I don't think LEO will be too interested in putting up the companies cash for you guys any time soon.

You need to try a little harder to come up with some thing to scare us with, cause your little black balling game don't wash.

PCL_128 said:
AFELLOWAVIATOR:

Leo may be all for hiring Comair guys, but the fact is that Delta pilots are very involved in the interview process. I don't see that changing when the next round of interviews starts. You won't get hired at Delta without first doing part of the interview with a Delta line pilot or retired Delta pilot. The CMR MEC really screwed the guys there that want a chance at a Delta job someday. There's no way around that. I know you don't want to work at Delta someday, but try to think about someone else for a change. When the DAL MEC comes asking for help, your first thought shouldn't be "what can I get out of this?" They helped you in the past during the strike, you should help them now that you have the chance. That's just common decency.

I appreciate you wanting to ring in here, but why don't you wait until you are a part of the airline industry before you start shooting your mouth off about things you know nothing about.....

AFELLOWAVIATOR said:
I appreciate you wanting to ring in here, but why don't you wait until you are a part of the airline industry before you start shooting your mouth off about things you know nothing about.....

Actually, I've been part of the airline industry for about 3 years now. Check the profiles on the left before you start talking about who is shooting their mouths off without knowing what they are talking about. I would have thought the part in my profile that says CRJ pilot would have tipped you off that I do the same job you do. I may not have been in this industry as long as you, but I've been in it long enough to understand that you shouldn't treat furloughed pilots like bargaining chips.

AFELLOWAVIATOR said:
Your right, I'm sorry. Who do you fly for?

Pinnacle (Northwest Airlink) out of DTW. I've got a couple of friends at CMR and ASA and plenty at DAL, so I try to keep up on the issues over there as much as possible.

Latest resources

Back