• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
homerjdispatch said:
Is that the poll or "official results"?

That is official.

I don't think the people that voted yes understand the long term effects this is going to have on the entire industry.

-CF

CheapFlyer said:
That is official.

I don't think the people that voted yes understand the long term effects this is going to have on the entire industry.

-CF

I don't think the people who voted no understand the long term effects it would have had on the Comair pilots.

I cant wait to see your new president's bonus check for accomplishing this tremendous feat. I'm guessing it will be well over 6 figures.

I think it so funny to hear the Comair pilots so worried about their futures, pay concessions, furloughs etc. etc. It was not long ago how you all preached to me that the stingy Delta pilots priced themselves out of business, that the forces of the new industry could not support our contract, and the company did not need our furloughed pilots. Comair pilots sat there and enjoyed record growth, upgrades, new hires etc. etc. and refused to hire and single one of us. Well it's your turn now, your tune has changed, you screwed ASA's possibility of a good new contract (although I think they are crazy if they think they can get a industry leading contract these days) and the RJDC is dead. Enjoy the concessions, I know I am loving my 32.5% pay cut, although it is a lot better than the 2 1/2 years I was out of work. Those 89 days seem pretty meaningless now don't they!

ASA can still equal our contract with the concessions and still get a good raise. I am tired of hearing that argument. Comair looks out for Comair. ASA looks out for ASA.

acarpe3448 said:
I think it so funny to hear the Comair pilots so worried about their futures, pay concessions, furloughs etc. etc. It was not long ago how you all preached to me that the stingy Delta pilots priced themselves out of business, that the forces of the new industry could not support our contract, and the company did not need our furloughed pilots. Comair pilots sat there and enjoyed record growth, upgrades, new hires etc. etc. and refused to hire and single one of us. Well it's your turn now, your tune has changed, you screwed ASA's possibility of a good new contract (although I think they are crazy if they think they can get a industry leading contract these days) and the RJDC is dead. Enjoy the concessions, I know I am loving my 32.5% pay cut, although it is a lot better than the 2 1/2 years I was out of work. Those 89 days seem pretty meaningless now don't they!

The RJDC has zero to do with the issues between Comair and its pilots. That is a lawsuit against ALPA national.....nothing more, nothing less. The RJDC ain't dead, sir.

I disagree with you. The ALPA national disagreement may have been a part of the RJDC agenda, but it was very obvious that Ford and crew wanted to get rid of the Delta scope language so that they may get all of the jets they wanted, and any number of seats. The RJDC saw the postt 9-11 environment as their golden opportunity to try to shift all the flying they could, along with 90-100 seaters. They clearly stated that they felt their careers were being harmed due to scope limitations. The Comair pilots were looking out for themselves in this case, and in every case. Don't try to deny that they wanted more planes, more growth, more money, regardless of the number of pilots on furlough from Delta. Comair kept telling us how the more RJ's they got, the better off it would be for Delta's bottom line. The funny thing is that as Delta shifted more and more flying to RJ's, the more RJ's the more RJ's they purchased, the more Delta Connection grew, the MORE MONEY DELTA LOST! It's a fact.

So you are saying that if Delta pilots flew all the 70 seaters above 57 air frames, at Delta pay rates, Delta would be losing less money?

Why is DAL flying the RJ's at all, instead of 737's on all the routes DCI operates on? Mama Delta is the entity that selects or approves the DCI routes and frequency.

I recall looking a few months back at the frequency of flights from MSP to CVG. There were 8 per day; 6 were Comair RJ's, 1 was an MD-88, and 1 was a 737-200. How come? I mean, why would Delta only have two flights if the other six were losing so much money?

Latest resources

Back