Comair/Delta question?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PowerRanger

With the animosity that Delta pilots feel for Comair pilots because of the furlough issue, their MEC and the RJDC.

Would flying for Comair be a death knoll for a career at Delta? I know several DL pilots that exclaim that there will never be another CMR pilot hired at Delta.

But I'm wondering if since CMR is hiring (have a new CBA) when I have the hours to apply to the best major around hands down (Delta). Would being a CMR pilot bar me from DL employment simply by association, or would they look at my hire date and see that obviously I wasn't employed by CMR when all the nonsense went down?

I know that Delta pilots really like ASA pilots. ASA is my first choice, but with the continued instability over there, I'm beginning to look to other avenues of employment.

Not a flame post, total serious question (I know what's that on FI) lookingf or some good honest feedback.

With the animosity that Delta pilots feel for Comair pilots because of the furlough issue, their MEC and the RJDC.

Would flying for Comair be a death knoll for a career at Delta? I know several DL pilots that exclaim that there will never be another CMR pilot hired at Delta.

But I'm wondering if since CMR is hiring (have a new CBA) when I have the hours to apply to the best major around hands down (Delta). Would being a CMR pilot bar me from DL employment simply by association, or would they look at my hire date and see that obviously I wasn't employed by CMR when all the nonsense went down?

I know that Delta pilots really like ASA pilots. ASA is my first choice, but with the continued instability over there, I'm beginning to look to other avenues of employment.

Not a flame post, total serious question (I know what's that on FI) lookingf or some good honest feedback.

Despite what Delta pilots say on here...they just hired a couple Comair pilots. I would love to see the CRM at work in that cockpit!

Having Comair on your resume would NOT help you get on with Delta. I would look at other avenues, like Shuttle America (CHQ), or maybe SkyWest (even without a union they are slightly better than Comair and do not have the bad stigma Comair does). Yes, some Comair guys may get hired, but more than likely their dads are 777 Captains or are very well connected. If your last name isn't Whitehurst or Bastian, then I would go elsewhere before Comair. Just my opinion. Go to Shuttle America and fly that E170.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Plus, Comair's future is in doubt as more of its flying gets outsourced to cheaper carriers. I agree with the General - go fly for Skywest or Shuttle America if given the option.

You act like Delta is the only airline out there.

If going to comair means not having to share a cockpit with the likes of elitists like General Lee, FDJ, and 737 "pylt" then you may be doing yourself a favor!

You act like Delta is the only airline out there.

If going to comair means not having to share a cockpit with the likes of elitists like General Lee, FDJ, and 737 "pylt" then you may be doing yourself a favor!

Delta is and always has been my favorite airline for a mix of reasons more especially equipment, routes, pay and bases.

They are my first choice. Rounding out my choices are Continental and United in that order!

Nothing wrong with having a goal!

Last edited:
Yes, some Comair guys may get hired, but more than likely their dads are 777 Captains or are very well connected. If your last name isn't Whitehurst or Bastian, then I would go elsewhere before Comair. Just my opinion. Go to Shuttle America and fly that E170.

I have to agree with General Lee. While it would be a stretch to say working for CMR wipes out your chances for Delta, it certainly doesn't help. I would be surprised if more than a token number of pilots are hired from CMR. If you have choices, go somewhere else.

Go to Shuttle America and fly that E170.

The E170 is nice, it gets my SJS going. But my first choice is ASA, lots of Delta connections there. So lets hope that they soon get their s**t together!

Delta is and always has been my favorite airline for a mix of reasons more especially equipment, routes, pay and bases.

They are my first choice. Rounding out my choices are Continental and United in that order!

Nothing wrong with having a goal!

First off let me say that this thread has the possibility of going to 5 pages....Secondly, don't listen johnny peniskramp, he's just upset that his captain attitude is keeping him from moving on from ASA!
Thridly, being a CMR pilot doesn't "hurt" your chances, but I would venture to guess that being an ASA pilot would be better.
Good luck in any decision you might make!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back