• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair Classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was told they were taking people in order of their interview dates, so I'm confused as to how an academy guy from the April interviews got a class date in July, when there are a bunch of March new-hires still waiting on a class date.

Confused...

As far as I know, they are taking in order. But I think there is a slot or two in each class for CAA grads in order of our interviews, too. It's still PFM to me, too! Hope we all get a class date, soon, or at least some idea of when it'll be!!

What do you think will be the last class of the year for Comair? And how soon in the new year will there be classes?

RichO-

You've got me confused now. What do you mean by-

What do you think will be the last class of the year for Comair? And how soon in the new year will there be classes?

Do you have some information from the company?

Thanks for the clarification.

Oh, actually don't have an heart attack yet....I was just curious as too when the last class date for the year 2002 might be. With the holidays in Nov/Dec/Jan, I'm curious if they will slow the class schedule during the holidays or if they will keep it full speed.......and if they do, then when will be the first class of the new year.......

I see now.

Unfortunately a career in the airlines means there is no such thing as a holiday. Most training cycles go right through the holidays except for maybe having Christmas day off. I would have to look at the contract to see if the instructors have something about not working during specific holidays.

If there are IOE instructors flying on a holiday, they will schedule IOE for the new hires. At least that was how it was at my previous job.

Hope that clears it up for you.

From the contract-

Holidays
i. Except for IOE, line checks or contract training, a Full Time Instructor Pilot will not be scheduled for duty on Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Year’s Day. Training will not be scheduled to end later than 1300 on Thanksgiving Eve, Christmas Eve or New Year’s Eve or to begin prior to 0500 the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Year’s Day.

Last edited:
Good, I was hoping that they wouldn't slow the training classes down during the holidays.......of course, having a few days off for Christmas wouldn't be bad.......

Has anyone from the later march interviews heard anything? I too find it bizarre that guys are getting class dates from april interviews? Can anyone spare a quarter?

Latest resources

Back