Comair, AWAC... old Airnet need help

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

208starcheck

This is another "How do I get an interview with an airline" question. I'm currently working for Airnet but trying to move on. I've been applying to some of the regionals that I wouldn't mind staying at for a career. But like everyone else I keep hitting at wall. From what I'm hearing you have to know someone to get on. There are CFI's with 1/2 my time getting interviews. Anyone have any suggestions. Wiskey, do you have any advice. Are there any old Airnet pilots that can help a starchecker.

I have 2500 tt, 1200 multi, 400 turbine in a C-208.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to think about it.

I would suggest getting some more time in something multi-turbine, especially as PIC. A recommendation is worth a lot in the aviation world. I have yet to get a job where I didn't know somebody. I know Wisconsin is done interviewing for the time being. As for their mins, I interviewed along with five other people and I don't think there was anybody there with less than 3000 tt and some 121 PIC and all had LORs. It never hurts to apply though, if you don't than it is a definite no on the job.

As far as CFI's with half the time getting interviews that is becoming more and more rare in todays job market.

208Starcheck, I would recommend going to an Airinc fair. As much as you here that Airnic job fairs are spendy and not sometimes worth the money, I think if you dont know anyone at AWAC, Comair, ACA, Skywest and want to get an interview there, that might be money well spent. Go and talk to the airline reps in person, express your interest and that you dont know anyone there and thats why you are here to meet someone in person for that airline. I know a guy in my class at Comair didnt know anyone at Comair, went to a Airinc job fair talked to comair, gave them a resume and got a call for interview a few weeks after that. It might not work that way for everyone who wants it to since there are so many wanting to get the same interview, but it cant hurt, if anything it would help. Good luck in the job hunt.

Latest resources

Back