• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

College of Liberals?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You know these college professors who are teaching our youth have never left the college bubble, they are as out of touch with reality as think GW is. Its sad!!!! Good thing most people have to get real jobs and and come to their senses.

Rock said:
"she "questioned whether it was appropriate to honor a person who killed other people." "

Ironic, considering she lives in a state and goes to a university named after one of our first and greatest military leaders.

and she probably loves Ted kennedy....oh wait, he has killed people too.

campus dwellers are freaks.

I believe one of the most eloquent treatises on the role of a free thinking university system reads as follows:

"You can't hold a whole fraternity reponsible for the behavior of a few sick, perverted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole fraternity system? And if the whole fraternity system is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our educational institutions in general?!? I put it to you Greg, isn't this an indictment of our entire American society?!? Well, you can do what you want to us, but we are not going to sit here and let you badmouth the United States of America! Gentlemen!"

Eric Stratton, Rush Chair, dang Glad to Meet You, Faber '63

Sorry, maybe Pickett's Charge is more inspirational, but not by much.

Look, I went to school at one of the most left wing liberal arts institutions this country has. Not once did a professor call us to sedition, the burning of flags or clothes, or any such sort of insanity. The environment of tree hugging didn't pollute me too much.
Pappy should have a monument. The guy was balls cool. As for the UW student senate - I think they are supposed to be a little weird. College is supposed to be a little freaky. You get over it. It is good and bad. It is part of the vast experience of life. You learn and move on. I am sure there are a ton of people at Washington who have never heard of the student senate because they are too hung over. That choice - idiotic political bantering or shameless baccanalian drunkenness - that my friends is what college is all about.

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." US Senator John Blutarsky

She "didn’t’ believe a member of the Marine Corps was an example of the sort of person UW wanted to produce."

You should believe in God, your country, Santa Claus, and THE CORPS!

flyhi92 said:
I didn't realize the People's Republic of California extended clear up to the Canadian border.

That started about 15 years ago - we fought em off, but there we just too many of them ... the last one out was supposed to ... take down the US flag, but I don't think he had the chance.

_____Truth be told, Pappy Boyington was a most heroic individual, and his story is the reason I became a professional pilot. However, there are many common misconceptions regarding his life. First, his accurate victory total is 24. Four of his claims we from his time with the Flying Tigers and were from aircraft destroyed on the ground. I do not know why the Marine Corp refuses to admit this, especially since Joe Foss with 26 would be a much more positive role model. (See book by Bruce Gamble, former Marine, now Marine historian)
_____Pappy's book, like the Baa Baa Black Sheep television program were similar in their inclusion of outright fabrications in order to "spice up" the story. For a true account of the Black Sheep Squadron, I would recommend the less popular book by the squadron flight officer, Frank Waldron; Once They Were Eagles. Boyington's accomplishments and struggles were interesting enough in reality to need this writer's embellishment treatment,so it is unfortunate.
_____That being said, Boyington is certainly deserving of a lasting memorial. This whole situation is so typical of today's liberal mindset. They are ashamed of so much, and none of the accomplishments are their own in the first place. Ashamed to be white, ashamed to fight for a belief or your country, ashamed to even lead others.
_____The world is not a perfect utopian dreamscape, at least it isn't once you leave the college environment. These people for the most part, will hopefully come to that realization on their own, most likely shortly after they get a real job and start paying taxes and have a home to protect and children to look after. Until then they would to well to learn from history and those who have lived full lives and shut their collective cum-recepticles until then.

Latest resources

Back