• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan Update for those that care

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You can spend all day bitching about paying $38 bucks for an application. Maybe the money goes into a pot and they buy everyone lunch on Friday with it.. Maybe they actually do use it to offset the cost of hiring people. The only fact we do know is that you don't have a job. If you want one at Colgan, Great Lakes, or some of the other airlines, you have to pay a stupid application fee.

Pay the fee and maybe get hired... Don't pay it and the decision has already been made. In the scheme of things, $38 bucks isn't a lot of money when you've already invested thousands.

Anybody get a response from Colgan after sending in the online app. I filled it out about a week ago and was just wondering. If so how long did it take and what kind of experience did you have. Thanks

I'm also waiting to hear from Colgan. It would be nice if they posted some info on website. Just keeping us in the dark while collecting our $38.

No good deed goes unpunished chperplt

you bring some info in and some ding dong is going to whine about 38 bucks for applying. Even when times were good, Mesaba hit you for about 100 bucks at the interview for helping to pay for the non-rev ticket you got on northwest to get you to the interview and for the background checks and the contracted sim evaluation. I didn't have a problem with paying the money back then. If you really want to work there, helping to cover the cost to apply shouldn't be an issue.

all the rest can save their money, don't go to the show. Don't be a naughty eskimo!

A couple of questions

I looked all over their website and I can't find any mention of where their crew bases are. Can anyone help?

Also...is commuting permitted (or possible, for that matter)? And what kind of days off do they offer?

Thanks for any info.

Latest resources

Back