• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan udpates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have been out of work for over a year now and I have a serious question about Colgan.

While the thought of commuting for a job with them makes me want to puke, I guess, if I applied and was hired, I could live in base. I am prior 121 and have flown the CRJ200,700 and 900.

I guess for the past year I have been so hesitant to apply with Colgan because of what happened there and what I saw on the Frontline special on PBS. On that same not though other airlines have had fatal accidents, it's just that this one got most of the media's attention I guess.

If you were unemployed would you try to get on with Colgan just to keep current? In about a year I would imagine there will be quite a bit of movement throughout all of the airlines and I think being current, part 121 it will be much easier to move on to bigger and better things. With that being said, what are the chances that Colgan hires someone who isn't current within the past year?

Is flying an airplane really worth putting up with Colgan's (or any regional for that matter) BS?

there is a light at the end of the tunnel. i would think that in the future colgan pilots will have a new contract with rules better or equal to Mesabas or Pinnacles

No training contract. We have not had one in almost two years.
Try one year... I have been here for almost two years and my class had one along with both classes behind mine. Only 2010 hires haven't had a contract to deal with... but still the important thing here is there isn't a training contract anymore.

Latest resources

Back