• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan 3407 Down in Buffalo

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That ATC feed is hard to listen to so soon after the event.

Condolences to the Colgan folks, pax, and families...

My thoughts and prayers are with the crew and pax's family and friends. This is terrible news.

The -400 handles ice with no problems...Very strong and well-equipped. Sad and tough days ahead.

Be careful out there, everyone. Fate is still the hunter. Thoughts and prayers to the victims and their families.

-Goose

Well this sucks. We have been lucky for a while now with no fatalities. I was at Colgan when the 1900 crashed in HYA and knew both of those guys. From what I've heard I don't think I knew these two, but will have a beer for them. RIP

Icing should always be suspect. Someone mentioned tail stall which usually occurs with the selection of final flaps. Not that that's what happened. RIP.

I'm just passin along what was said.
I agree that most are morons.
Yeah, understand. I was just stating the obvious. Except the "witness" statement quoted right after yours sounded a little more accurate. Who knows? We'll wait and see, just like everyone else.

It's been a bad year. I lost a friend/student and his wife January 3rd in a CFIT in the smokies.

Sad to hear/ and think about. You just never know when it's your time, do ya?

Godspeed...

Shy

is it SOP at Colgan for gear to come down at GS intercept? (I assume it would be...)

this is assuming they intercepted GS over the marker....but maybe there is some gear nexus to this in some shape or fashion?

is it SOP at Colgan for gear to come down at GS intercept? (I assume it would be...)

this is assuming they intercepted GS over the marker....but maybe there is some gear nexus to this in some shape or fashion?

It's in all our natures to wonder and speculate after an accident...Ice...weather...mechanical...crew...it's part of the analytical nature of pilots, but still, a gear problem is reaching quite a bit.

Controller

If you ask me that approach controller did a great job after the event trying to gather a little data...I hope he gets a little time off from work as it has to affect you to be the one working when a plane goes down like that.

I didn't hear anything unusual from the crew of the Colgan flight.

And I agree that is in our best nature to start trying to figure out what happens to our brothers and sisters flying, so we can be safe ourselves. At the same time I understand those that want a little decorum regarding the sensitive nature of these topics. No one intends any harm here.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back