CoEx to keep the 69 erj's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Popeye0537 said:
Not 100% sure but, DCI birds all have them, United Ex have them, AA has one or two(I think) US dosen't have any.

there are 2 or 3 on the USAirways side that have airstairs

EMB Skillz said:
When your Flyi like operation folds in less then a year, we'll be happy to take those ERJs of your hands. At lesser rates! And this will be on top of the 170 growth with Coex. Things look bright for RAH!

Even though your avatar is purely malicious in spirit, I actually think its pretty funny.

Its too bad your such a troll.

Superpilot92 said:
Some of you numbnuts that are trying to point out anything you can and spin it negetive need to relax. The chief pilots came in and talked to us today and said that the planes are being placed into service where all XJET employees will be working with them. Not just pilots but MX, MGMT, Agents, etc. ...

The difference between XJT and alot of other companies is that the Company tries to make sure that we work as a team and have respect for each other.

Think about it, MGMT could have easily come to us and asked for pay cuts to better compete for the CAL flying. They never asked for 1 cent from us. We have a good company over here that the majority of people i would assume would agree that they are proud to be an XJETer. For this level of the career chain its a good place to work.

It sounds very nice and sweet, my friend, but remember you live in the world of capitalism where everyone competes with each other. You're nice with employees and the next you know your company is bankrupt. Look at what happened to Independance. MGMT ALWAYS thinks what's nice to the airline!

I am sure you're proud to be an XJ dude, but do you think that they would've kept you on payroll just because you're a nice guy and everyone liked you? Employees are like parts in a big moving machine and if parts can be found cheaper (e.g. outsourcing things to Asia), then that's what MGMT will do. It doesn't matter how many years you've worked for them or how much you love the company etc...

Conclusion:
The MGMT can keep the airplanes and give uplifting speaches (and that's what they will always do no matter how bad the situation is to prevent panic) but unless they start flying them COMPETITIVELY things will NOT get better.

FC

Well I for one am amazed they made this announcement so early. Noone can accuse the airline business of not being interesting.

It sounds very nice and sweet, my friend, but remember you live in the world of capitalism where everyone competes with each other. You're nice with employees and the next you know your company is bankrupt. Look at what happened to Independance. MGMT ALWAYS thinks what's nice to the airline!

Wrong. Taking care of your employees is rule #1 if you want to survive and have employee loyalty. I managed a customer service department for a marketing company for 3 years and if you wanted peak performance from your subordinates, you damned well had better taken care of them. Last time I checked, most employees at SWA are pretty happy because they have a fairly good relationship with management. I don't see SWA in trouble...

Flying-Corporal said:

I am sure you're proud to be an XJ dude, but do you think that they would've kept you on payroll just because you're a nice guy and everyone liked you? Employees are like parts in a big moving machine and if parts can be found cheaper (e.g. outsourcing things to Asia), then that's what MGMT will do. It doesn't matter how many years you've worked for them or how much you love the company etc...

Conclusion:
The MGMT can keep the airplanes and give uplifting speaches (and that's what they will always do no matter how bad the situation is to prevent panic) but unless they start flying them COMPETITIVELY things will NOT get better.

FC

Hmmm...You've got it all figured out. Today's companies spend millions of dollars creating HR departments. They've learned from corporate history, an important key to having a successful lasting company is friendly employee management relations. Bad employee management relations can bring an otherwise successful company to its knees. Airlines are largely dependent on employee performance, the good ones have learned this. The ones who still have the (outsourcing to asia) mentality will crumble. Expressjet is a regional who gets it, flying competitely INCLUDES treating your employees honestly and with respect. I think we're still hiring, so send in an application. Maybe you'll get a job and see the light. At the regional level, it's a great job.

I ditto that..XJT is a probably the best place to work in the regional Industry... I have been in vans with crews from just about every regional airline and you hear stories of management and crew sched that boggle the mind. Granted I am now at CAL and XJT cant hold a stick to a major airline but if I had it to do all over again I would work there again in a second.

flyingtoilet said:
Taking care of your employees is rule #1 if you want to survive and have employee loyalty.

How the hell has uncle hulie and JO been makin money for all this time?

Latest resources

Back