Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cockpit access during flight on International Airlines...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

indianboy7

I'm Scerrrrd!
I know, I know......you all think i'm crazy....however, I'm going to be travelling overseas on Malaysia Airlines with my young Nephew and thought it would be cool if we could go up front and show him the cockpit during flight...I know when I was young, British Airways and Singapore Airlines both allowed it, but I'm kinda curious if any foreign airlines, especially Malaysia will let me up there now......thanks for the input......

Why do you feel the need to show him the plane in flight at the risk of security? Wait until it lands. I doubt he'll care.

I can't speak for Malaysian, but no International airlines that I know of let you up front during flight. The change happened post 9-11. On the ground either during boarding or de-planing is the best time.

TP

labbats said:
Why do you feel the need to show him the plane in flight at the risk of security? Wait until it lands. I doubt he'll care.

I realize that......it's just something that he might find cool to do on a 15 hour flight.....Like I said, I was allowed to do it when I was a kid, and just wanted him to be able to experience the same thing............Again, I WAS JUST CURIOUS....lighten up....

Sorry to sound heavy handed. Enjoy the flight.

labbats said:

Dude, you serously need to lighten up.

I doubt it Indian- things are much different since you were a kid.
indianboy7 said:
I realize that......it's just something that he might find cool to do on a 15 hour flight.....Like I said, I was allowed to do it when I was a kid, and just wanted him to be able to experience the same thing............Again, I WAS JUST CURIOUS....lighten up....

My family and I flew on MAL on a couple of occasions and I was able to bring my boys in the cockpit during flight. This was however prior to 9/11. Introduce yourself to the crew before you take off and ask if there would be a chance to bring them up later. If not, I'm sure they'll give your nephew a nice tour of the cockpit on the ground. I found the pilots on MAL to be very nice and talkative.

Enjoy the flight. By the way, what's your destination to be using MAL?

indianboy7 said:
I know, I know......you all think i'm crazy....however, I'm going to be travelling overseas on Malaysia Airlines with my young Nephew and thought it would be cool if we could go up front and show him the cockpit during flight...I know when I was young, British Airways and Singapore Airlines both allowed it, but I'm kinda curious if any foreign airlines, especially Malaysia will let me up there now......thanks for the input......

Put some money on the "Powerball". Better odds. :)

Basically, the world is VERY different now. Prior to 9/11, most foreign airlines did allow pax visits during cruise @ the Captain's discretion. This included BA, VS and many others. I doubt very much if you would be able to do it now.

Of course, ther are always exceptions. I know of one airline that regularly allowed this - or at least the crew did - but it was not MAS! You would not want to travel on this airline, trust me, nor would you want to go to that country either!!

Latest resources

Back