• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CO Nov 19th Class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Quick question for Cal guys. If the age 60 rule is changed, does anyone know how it would effect the current hiring spree? In other words is this hiring mainly for growth or to cover upcoming retirements? Thanks

Right now is for both growth and retirements. 480-ish by the end of May '07. Planning on another 350 following that. The Manpower planning guy told our class that he estimated they would cut hiring in half if age 60 goes thru but they did not expect it to immediately happen should it pass.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm in for 19 Nov as well. Interesting to see "50 additional " new hires by the end of 06. My bud in class says there is no aircraft drop for the date. It must be an add on, considering it is a Sunday start date. Look forward to meeting you all.

Last edited:
Training guy I flew with the other day said that if passed, the age 60 rule won't be implemented until 2008. That would give one more year of good retirement rates.

Good news about 50 more hires. It's a great place to be. I moved 500 numbers in my first year, hopefully it will continue.

Welcome aboard.

Just curious about what the average pilot age of the CAL new hire clases has been??

Anyone get a pre-screen type call??

Anyone get a pre-screen type call??

someone from CAL calling and asking a few questions , going over qualifications and then saying to make sure your application is updated......It happend to me last week

Training guy I flew with the other day said that if passed, the age 60 rule won't be implemented until 2008. That would give one more year of good retirement rates.

Good news about 50 more hires. It's a great place to be. I moved 500 numbers in my first year, hopefully it will continue.

Welcome aboard.

Blah Blah Blah

Latest resources

Back