• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CO Intl Jumpseat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I basically commute to Belize and have to use a ZED to get down (sometimes to get back but the gate agents go to bat for me since I know them). I used to jumpseat all the time and even used to sit in the cockpit. Now, Freakin Osama screwed my life up. I spend a lot of money on passes and still cant figure out why airlines have different lists. Why even have an international list? Anyways, if you are not on the international list with CO then I wish you luck. You will need it. I have even asked the crews down in IAH and they wont let me jumpseat anymore. Dont even bother with the gate agents. One gate agent told me that NOBODY can jumpseat international anymore, not even a Continental pilot. Just plain stupid if you ask me. I think every pilot in this whole industry should be up in arms about those carriers who have only one jumpseat and different lists. We fly all over Canada but have no international list. Why is that? We also take unlimited jumpseaters. If something goes wrong in the back and the FA needs help, the more jumpseaters the better. I refuse to start a jumpseating war so I do not due this, but I feel like not letting those pilots on who have international lists and they want to go to Canada on my flight. Also, those who will only take one jumpseater. I get denied the jumpseat all the time on American because they will only take one of us, but I took 4 American guys out of MIA one time.

CO Captains are allowed to take Int'l jumpseat riders in the cabin (Not cockpit) if your are on our jumpseat list, and on that list as an approved Int'l rider.

Those listed on that list in BOLD letters.

cheezpilot said:
I Also, those who will only take one jumpseater. I get denied the jumpseat all the time on American because they will only take one of us, but I took 4 American guys out of MIA one time.

Depends on what airline you are with. We have unlimitied agreements with a quite a few airlines, and they keep adding more every few months. However, if you are j/sing int'l with us, we have no unlimited int'l j/s.

The reason that Captain was so unsure is because of recent changes to the CO js policy. However, regardless of those changes, it still remains that CO will only accomadate pilots internationally who are on their international list. This list is basically the top 10 ATA airlines plus UPS and FEDEX.

Don't get mad at the pilots for that exclusive list. It comes from the top. CAL pilots have tried repeatedly to get it changed to allow every pilot to js internationally. For some reason mgmt won't budge.

As of May 2005, the CO approved international "jumpseat" (in the back only!)

American/American Eagle
Air Canada
Alaska
Aloha
America West
ATA
Asia Pacific Airlines
ASTAR Air Cargo Inc.
Atlas Air
COPA
Delta
Evergreen Intl.
Expressjet
Fedex
Hawaiian
JetBlue
MidWest
Northwest
Polar Air Cargo
Ryan Intl.
Southwest
United
UPS
USAirways
World

Now a quote by Ace Ventura...."L O O O O S E R"

I can't wait to hop on Southwest to London, no wait a minute umm Cancun, ahhhhhhhhhh Toronto aye you hosers? Ummmmmmmmmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Well, quite the predicament; Southwest flies to Omaha, while most regionals fly to Canada and so forth. Just found that quite amusing since they are on the exquisite "international" list. In reality, I love the way Southwest treats jumpseaters = very kindly.

Anyways, even more amusing is that a Captain would actually spend 20 minutes trying to decipher if someone should be allowed to jumpseat in the back. Wouldn't that time be better spent brainstorming ways to safey operate the flight, or how to lose that gut, where to play golf next and about that swing, or how to rearrange one's sock drawer? Like it's their money on the line whether the guy rides for free or has to use a pass. Oh wait, profit sharing$$$$$$$$$$$$ Come to think of it, from now on all jumpseaters will be denied on my aircraft because I want my profit share of their pass cost. Supersize me! Wait, that promotion ended. Back to how to lose that gut.

ackattacker said:
As of May 2005, the CO approved international "jumpseat" (in the back only!)

American/American Eagle
Air Canada
Alaska
Aloha
America West
ATA
Asia Pacific Airlines
ASTAR Air Cargo Inc.
Atlas Air
COPA
Delta
Evergreen Intl.
Expressjet
Fedex
Hawaiian
JetBlue
MidWest
Northwest
Polar Air Cargo
Ryan Intl.
Southwest
United
UPS
USAirways
World

Is Comair on the int'l list also, being a subsidary of Delta?

Troy208 said:
Is Comair on the int'l list also, being a subsidary of Delta?

No, that list is complete and straight out of the May 2005 CAL-ALPA Jumpseat Update bulletin. Comair is listed domestic only.

Latest resources

Back