• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flydog

Clothing optional on charter flight for nudists

Associated Press
Posted January 17 2003, 10:00 AM EST

MIAMI -- Lost luggage won't exactly be a problem on this flight.

A travel agency that specializes in clothing-optional vacations has chartered a 172-seat Boeing 727 for a flight from Miami to Cancun in May. Once the plane reaches its cruising altitude, passengers will be invited to disrobe.

The travel agency, Castaways Travel of Spring, Texas, is touting the trip as the world's first flight for nude passengers.

The crew will be dressed and the temperature inside the plane's cabin will be regulated to accommodate the nudists, Castaways co-owner Jim Bailey said.

"People are looking for stress relief," Bailey said. "In a nudist environment, everyone is the same."

The travelers will stay at a nudist resort for a week, then return to Miami on May 10.

Rooms start at $910 weekly, plus $499 for the flight, according to the company's Web site.

Federal Aviation Administration spokeswoman Kathleen Bergen said there are no regulations specifically banning nudity aboard an aircraft.

"It's not a safety issue," Bergen said.

Some safety issues are being addressed, however -- no hot drinks or food will be served to nude passengers.

New airline slogan - " Best stare...ugh... bare...ugh...I mean care in the air".

PS - My apologies to MidEx!

Last edited:
Guess it is going to be on the727 so I don't have to worry about it. Of course we could use the Excel airplane on it just before it goes back to the UK.:D

We flew some "naturalists" this summer, It wasn't my flight but a couple of the planes got naked. We made those pilots clean the seats off as well as the rest of the airplane.

frank rizzo said:
Miami Air is doing the charter.

I have to say...as a former Miami Air pilot, knowing full well that perhaps that same airplane with those same seats may someday be used for a political campaign or to carry a sports team or the US Military... I am disgusted that MAI would stoop to such levels as to contaminate an airplane with nudists...They must be in desparate need of business...

Latest resources

Back