Climbto350.com???Anyone?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jdubya

Has anyone here had any success with climbto350.com? Recomend it, worth it, worthless???

Thanks,
jdubya

Yes it works but you do have to seperate the wheat from the chaff a little

I had a membership for a year and I let it expire. Like Jobear pointed out there was a ton of crap. "Come pay us $XX,XXX to fly our Metro," or the "Hiring first officers for $19,500." It was a bit discouraging. I did sorta get one instructor job off of there. Sorta as in I already knew the guy but just didn't realize he was looking for CFIs.

I had a membership to it aswell. I would say stay away from those sites in general. Unless its a entry level job, most of those jobs are garbage. They want you to be already rated, etc. . . . what I'm getting at is they are mostly posting by cheap bastards that want nothing more then a warm body to fill a seat. No matter what the type of aircraft it is make sure you STAY AWAY from those.

Climbto350 is worth it

I know if you dont have to pay it would be better, however I will say I got my first 135 job by climbto350, my 2nd one after that from it and the current job I have now, to give you an idea, the first jobs was VFR 135, second single pilot IFR and third single pilot multi IFR. They proabably have the most up to date postings where as planejobs and aviationcareer I believe take them from other sources to where I have seen advertisments for jobs that say they will not accept resumes submitted through planejobs. Its $49 for a year and I will say it pays off if you just get that one halfway decent job there. Also, I used it to recruit my replacement at the 135 VFR gig since it was a single pilot operator. I have gotten phonecalls and interviews for posiitons where I either submitted my resume or they pulled it off climbto350. If you have any questions PM me,

I got my first 135 job from them and a two interviews for turbine stuff. You never know if you don't apply

Got my 1st and 2nd job through them but you have to weed out a lot of junk on there - plus, you really need to make yourself stand out when you send anything into a company from off there.

Kingair1181, you just hit the nail on the head. If you guys want a word of advice, I'm happy to give it.

First of all, only send the resume to the address/contact they give you. I hate everyone in the office complaining to me becasue they are receiving random emails or faxes. Also, for me, it shows an inablility to follow instructions and knocks you down a few pegs before I even read your resume.

Second, a quick introduction note is always nice. However, two-page long cover letters of everything you've ever done in and/or thought about aviation are too time consuming for me to read. Besides, isn't that what the resume is for?

Finally, use spell check, it's really easy. Did I mention to use spell check?

This is no endorsement, but I do post on climbto350 when I'm out of in-house referrals. I do also browse through resumes from time to time. If you want to stand out from the crowd, follow the instructions, write a nice, concise note of introduction, have someone else look over your resume and then run spell check.

Good luck.

Regarding PlaneJobs

I highly suspect that many of the jobs on PlaneJobs.com are (allegedly)phoney, especially when you see the reply to e-mail address is yahoo or hotmail. The legitimate positions have (allegedly) been cut/pasted from free sites, so why pay?

Climbto350 is a reputable site compared to many others.

Latest resources

Back