• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Climbing above RVSM airspace

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
None of this would be an issue if the FAA didn't allow FSDOs to have their heads up their asses when it comes to issuing RVSM OpSpecs in a timely manner.

The day we took delivery of our CJ2+, I got a call from our FSDO saying they needed a copy of the temp registration so they could issue; one single fax page from Cessna and I had the OpSpecs in hand before signing the delivery papers.

On a previous aircraft, it was 16 total days from FSDO receiving our manuals until I picked up the paperwork.

Every time I read some operator taking 3-6 MONTHS to get an LOA I can't help but shake my head...

It took us a month and a half because of a certain FSDO inspector. He even commented how he had been tracking us online and seen that we were climbing through RVSM. Blocked the aircraft after that. Jerky.

It took us a month and a half because of a certain FSDO inspector. He even commented how he had been tracking us online and seen that we were climbing through RVSM. Blocked the aircraft after that. Jerky.
I think, him being with the FAA and all, he probably has access to the feed that shows even the blocked planes. So now you know what he was doing when he wasn't taking care of your RVSM package. :angryfire

Latest resources

Back