• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CL300 Operator Input

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We pick ours up shortly so I can't give real world experience, yet. What I can tell you is that I've found the BOW's are getting pretty heavy. Load up fuel and you don't have much left so get the numbers for your proposed aircraft. Some were optioned out, some stripped down.

Congrats! It's a great airplane and I thoroughly enjoy flying it.

-we fly pretty much everything at M.80, normal and LRC. no real advantage to going slower, significant increase in fuel burn if you push it up to .82

-range: 6.5 hours is pretty comfortable with 4-5 pax. My longest legs are KVNY-TNCM and PHKO-KEGE. landed with 2500+ lbs on each. Flew PHLI-CYVR with 9 and still landed with plenty of fuel. If you're going to Hawaii, oxygen tends to be the limiting factor if you've got more than 6 pax. Our BOWs are around 24.3k

-runway performance: it'll do more than we usually ask it to. Actual landing distance at 28k and cool temps are down around 2200'. KASE to the east coast is not an issue if you've got APG/runway analysis relief on the climb gradients.

-She'll climb straight to 410 or 430 at MTOW every day of the week in 25-30 min, and with less than 10000#s of fuel you should be able to start thinking about FL450. Fuel burns up there range from 1800#s in early cruise down to 1500-1600pph 4 hours later.

Very electronic airplane and some systems do wake up cranky from time to time, but it's usually a simple reset to clear the msg. Very rarely is an full aircraft CTRL-ALT-DLT required

The autopilot is the weak spot in my opinion. Altitude capture leaves plenty to be desired, and it can be a little pitchy in FLC mode. Some in our fleet fly great in VFLC, others not so much. YMMV

Oh and the pac works great on the ground off the APU. I never thought I'd be cold in a cockpit in SDL in the summer...it's very comfortable in general when it comes to heating/cooling

Any specific questions you've got, feel free.

T-Bone is right on, great airplane and good performer. We plan burns of 2500 1st hour, 1900 2nd hour and 1600 thereafter. If you go to FL450, you'll see 1500 lb/hr.

The plane will do FL410 at gross all the time, regardless of ISA conditions. If it's warm (west coast to HI) you'll need to wait 30-45 minutes in cruise to go to FL430, but that's still pretty good. We've come off a 4,900' runway, SL field elevation, when it's 32 degrees C and flown 6+05 to the opposite corner of the continent. We left 400 lb of fuel behind and we didn't have pax, but BFL was still less than 4,600'.

Support is improving, I'll leave it at that. Wasn't good when we first got our plane, but it's better now. Our tech rep is nearly worthless, but he points us in the right direction on who to call (usually Montreal) for a fix. We've dealt with ICT service center mostly and they've done a good job for us. The mx scheduler is steering us toward Dallas for our next inspection, I'm not sure why. Fortunately the plane has been very reliable so our dealings with Bombardier mx has been limited. I hope it stays that way.

We just had a crew make TJSJ-VNY non stop the other night! Very favorable winds helped, and therefore wouldn't count on making this trip very often without a stop...but with 1 pax they made the 6+56 flight and landed with 2600#s. Not too shabby, if you ask me. Only problem is they left San Juan at 2300! Ouch.

We always figure 6+45 to 7+00 flight time to our lowest reserves (good VFR, lots of nearby alternates, etc.), our group is good going down to 2,000 lb, but no less. I've heard of other crews going 7 hours+, but they've gotten pretty low on fuel. My balls aren't that big.

We always figure 6+45 to 7+00 flight time to our lowest reserves (good VFR, lots of nearby alternates, etc.), our group is good going down to 2,000 lb, but no less. I've heard of other crews going 7 hours+, but they've gotten pretty low on fuel. My balls aren't that big.

Good to know. We don't push our 300s that far that often...TEB-VNY-TEB however, we can do blindfolded. :)

Latest resources

Back