CL-604 Recurrent

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CLCAP

Thinking about doing it at Bombardier - Dallas, any comments? Did my initial in Montreal and was quite pleasently surprised. Any thoughts on Dallas, vs Montreal, vs Flight Safety?

We bought our 604 from Bombardier so we got "free" training slots from Bombardier - it was in December and I was given my choice between Montreal and Dallas - after thinking about it for all of about a half a second I was off to Dallas. It was a pleasant change to get away from Flight Safety for a training cycle. As you know Bombardier is located in the Simuflite building at DFW. I thought the facilities in general were much better and more up to date than any Flight Safety I've ever been to. I also felt like it was a more relaxed atmosphere in general than Flight Safety. Bombardier Dallas is primarily a Learjet facility and the Challenger program is brand new - I believe my initial was the first initial class to go thru and that was Dec '02. The courseware(books, presentations, etc) sucked bad - worst manuals etc that I've ever seen but I was told that everything was being overhauled and was going to be complete in a few months. There are some really good instructors there but there was only 2 in the building I believe that had ever seen a Challenger before they went to Montreal to get their type ratings. Overall a good training experience and I would recommend you go to Dallas for a 'change of scenerey' if nothing else. It's a good program but 6 months ago all of the 'experience' was still up north.

PM me if you want the names of a couple of instructors to request.

CL

Last edited:
If you go to DFW, ask for Chris Warton.... he has been with them for a few years and is a really great guy..... If you do get him.... tell him that some King Air Driver recommended him.

LB

Latest resources

Back