CJ2 in Charter Ops?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Okaythen

Anyone out there flying a CJ2 in Part 135 operations? Just wondering how it performs in that role as far as operating cost, marketability, etc. I've heard baggage capacity is an issue especially with oversized items like skis and clubs.

Thanks!

We fly both a CJ1 and CJ2 in our 135 dept.

We also have a King Air 90, King Air 200, Hawker, and both CJ's. Out of all of them, the CJ's seem to get chartered the most. Mostly business men going out and back for a meeting, or a couple days stay somewhere. The low hourly-cost for being able to charter a jet seems to be very appealing to most people that fly in the CJ's. Seating is comfortable with 6 seats, and decent legroom for a jet its size.

The baggage space area leaves a lot to be desired. By the time you get on three travel bags, and two sets of golf clubs, your out of space! You learn quickly how to efficiently use all available space. Minus the golf clubs, or any fairly large items like that, its not too bad. But we rarely fly anyone without them bringing along golf clubs! And if you ever need overflow, you do have minimal room in the nose compartment, and also some are configured for extra storage space in the back of the cabin.

Hope this helps you out some!

Our company operates two of them and has a CJ3 on order. The people that charter them seem to like them more than the KA200 even for short trips. The specs show 64 cubic feet of baggage space. More than the K/A or Lrjet 20/30 series.

Very informative! Thanks. Do you have any idea how the hourly rate for the CJ2 compares with the KA200? I know someone who is comparing airplanes and eventually wants to charter it.

Also, will skis fit in the baggage space of a CJ2?

This is second hand info since I don't fly the CJ. It will accept skis and accept plenty of baggage. It has good range and plenty of speed with no significant fuel burn. As for the rates I have no idea but would think they are near the same (KA200/CE525).)I'm on the lower level so they won't tell me. I'm just a PILOT. But if you nead a LR60 email me and we will hook up. Thanks.

My experience is that typically King Air 200's charter for around a $800-1000 an hour, with the CJ1 going from about $1400-1600 and CJ2 from about $1,600-1800 an hour.

Thats pretty straight across the board for most charter outfits I've talked with.

Latest resources

Back