• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Citation Xs coming to Flight Options

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That is great news! I am not surpised, you can find 5-10 of them on the market now - great for pricing.

Given that the Citation X is my favorite aircraft, this makes Flight Options more appealing than ever!

Frac Daddy, what is your expectation for bidding the Citation X? Do you think it would be super-senior and difficult to bid? HOw many pilots total would be required for the 5-airplane fleet?

Great news for the Flight Options pilots out there! Have fun flying that awesome airplane!

Cheers

Citation Xs coming to Flight Options
Five of them this fall/winter.

I hope Flight Options has another 2 or 3 as spares.
The older X's .will drive you nuts with gremlins and maint. write ups

Lumber Yak,

I probably could bid SIC on the X. I would not see the left seat for a long time. It won't be the most senior aircraft, but I assume that it will be on par with the Falcon 50 and Challenger.

We crew 4.6 pilots per plane. So 23 total for the X.

The upside for me personally is, that this will create upward movement in the seniority list.

FD

Frac Daddy,

If I could fly the Citation X as an FO I would. You can't miss out flying a Citation X at mach .92 in your career if you have the opportunity...

Great news for Flight Option pilots!

Will these be new or used Citation X's? I would love to fly one myself- makes me think again about Flight Options.

Anyone know where the 5 jets are coming from? I was told only a few used ones were on the market.

Thanks.

As for the source, it's posted on the Flight Options Web Page - so I take it that it's realitively safe guess they're getting them.

So here's my question to the flight Options Guys:

How are things? I sent in my app in six months ago, and not that I really expected to get a response since it's probably sitting on somebody's hard drive, but I'm wondering if I should resubmit it. I'm currently sitting on reserve, so it's not like I have hundreds of more hours (180 YTD I think) to offer. I was content to sit where I am. But with the way things are going in this industry I really think that those that can afford to fly (read business pax) will continue to flock to frax and on demand charters, while the big six scramble for the scraps among the flip flop crowd. Considering the money is much better, and my wife can pursue that new job out of domicile without having to commute, I'm still wondering. Plus I'd love to upgrade sometime this decade, without having to commute to a crash pad to do it. The last I read the upgrade in the King Air was 6-8 months. If that's the case, I'd prefer to do that than wait here for probably another 2.5 years just to upgrrade to the base of the CA packet - commuting the whole time. Since the company just essentially took away most (but not all) of our travel benies I'm still wondering if I want the challege of the Frax side. I was so used to being a line pilot that I'm not sure - the grass always looks greener from the other side. Then you get there and its crab grass and an occasional weed or two.

Soooo, I guess the real question is still, how are things?

Please post or PM me if you'd prefer, thanks.

Latest resources

Back