Citation X School

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BayBum37ft

I am going to X school soon and I am looking for any info on school ( Simuflight) any online study resources and any other info on the airplane I can find would be appreciated.

Thanks

Primus logic? Now that's a real contradiction in terms. Do not worry about memorizing annunciators. There are hundreds that come up on the EICAS, and impossible to know them all. Memory items, systems, and limitations are the real items of import. If you familiarize yourself with limitations and memory items before class starts, you'll be one up. Systems will come in gnd school. Enjoy the jet. She's a sweet gal to fly. If you need tips or techniques, just ask. Lots of X guys here willing to help.

Thank you all for the info. I believe we will be using ARINC for flight planning and performance. Is this a good way to go?

Thanks

The systems and the class room stuff is no biggie. They will spoon feed you.

Biggest flying the sim / airplane tips:

DON"T rotate until you have positive directional control after a V1 cut.

ALWAYS hold the yoke forward till you are ready for it to fly.

NEVER forget the spoilers immediately upon touchdown.

The hardest part of "flying" this airplane is the time you spend doing it on the ground.

Good luck.

Last edited:
ALWAYS hold the yoke forward till you are ready for it to fly.

Good luck.

Strongly disagree. You want to use the RUDDER to control this airplane on the ground, not depending a 8 sq in of tire contact on the extremely light nose gear. If your depending on good NOSE tire traction on dry pavement to control this bird, you will be fkd if the runway is wet or contaminated and something goes wrong.....not to mention destroying the nose strut with all that high speed down pressure (nose wheel shimmies, clicking struts, leaky struts anyone?).

If you fast enough that the stab is actually giving you good down pressure on the nose, your fast enough for that huge rudders(s) to be more than effective. You FLY this airplane starting and stopping at 40kts, if not slower, xwind correction, rudder, etc.

Just do what the instuctors tell you too to get through the sim. The sim ground handling is not realistic, at all. Airborne it is fine. Don't fly the airplane like you fly the sim on the ground. JFK anyone?

Last edited:
Strongly disagree. You want to use the RUDDER to control this airplane on the ground, not depending a 8 sq in of tire contact on the extremely light nose gear.

Of course you use the rudder to control the airplane. I wasn't implying that the nose wheel should be the only thing to provide directional control.

The whole thing can be like conducting an orchestra especially in wind.

I was talking about in a V1 cut scenario. If you do your V1 cuts in the sim without using forward yoke pressure, more power to ya.

It makes it a whole lot easier to have forward pressure until you have the airplane under control (with the rudder yes) then rotate.

But thats just me.

Latest resources

Back