Citation X performance

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Pilotdak

For you X drivers, is it possible to depart PWK (5,000' @ 640' elevation) with 8 pax on a part 135 flight to the west coast?

How far can this machine go with 8 pax out of a dry and wet runway?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DAK

I am just an F/O on the X with 16,000 hours but I would guess if your headwind was less than 50 knots average and you heading to southern Cali you may have a good chance.

JAFFO

Let me know your departure and destination airports and I will run a flight plan for you with the performance figures.

While people are on the subject, how about rule of thumb fuel burns, planned reserve fuel, is the airplane a hangar queen like some people make it out to be?

While people are on the subject, how about rule of thumb fuel burns, planned reserve fuel, is the airplane a hangar queen like some people make it out to be?
I was taught to use 5000 lbs for the first two hours, then 2000 lbs/hr after that. Our company have a 1700 lbs reserve as a minimum, but most capts I've flown with prefer to see 2000+ on landing.

Only have 160 hrs in the airplane but it does seem to need quite a bit of attention.

It's my first jet and I really do enjoy it, just wish I could get some more flying in it. The best thing about it IMHO is not the speed (still great to do M.90+ tho) but easily reaching the mid forties and being above wx and most other airplanes is just super.

2500#'s for the first hour and 2000 after that is about spot on. I plan for 3000 for the first hour like flyzimex.

In your situation DAK, 8 people (1600#'s) you can still takeoff with almost 10000#'s of fuel... Thats good enough for anywhere in the states off a dry runway. Off a wet one, your looking at about 8500#'s of fuel, or a 3 hour flight with reserves... Should still make Cali.

Been flying the X for over 2.5 years now and have only had to cancel a trip 3 times... Its not as big of a hanger queen as everyone makes them out to be!

I just go with what ever Junior Boy Pilot says we need. :beer:

have any of you gone to Hawaii in the X? If so what mach do you guys use? I am new to the X also and trying to figure out the capability of this plane.

Latest resources

Back