Citation Type

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RJLoser

What would be the most advantageous CE type to have? Have a buddy that is getting out of the airlines but wants a type for future contract/job opportunities. Found a CE-525 for 12,000 done in the A/C. Sound right & Good type to have? Where is the best place to do this with cost in mind? Just trying to put some numbers together.

Thanks in advance

Hey RJ, brokeflyer is right. The CE-500 covers the most varients:

C-500/501
C-550/551
C-S550
C-560

And maybe a couple of other variants...I've been out of Citation flying for a long time!

I would definitely do the CE500 series type. However, I suggest either FSI or Simuflite as they are accepted by most of the insurance underwriters.

CE525 covers the CJ, CJ1, CJ1+, CJ2, CJ2+, CJ3, and CJ4. These days there probably aren't many more 500-series aircraft than 525-series aircraft in service, and the CJ1+, 2+, 3 and 4 are all currently in production and probably will be for many years to come.

With the Encore+ line being shuttered, there are no new CE500 airframes being made.

CE525 covers the CJ, CJ1, CJ1+, CJ2, CJ2+, CJ3, and CJ4. These days there probably aren't many more 500-series aircraft than 525-series aircraft in service, and the CJ1+, 2+, 3 and 4 are all currently in production and probably will be for many years to come.

With the Encore+ line being shuttered, there are no new CE500 airframes being made.

I agree with boiler. I turn down contract trips monthly, just because we stay busy. I would say there are more CJ's flying on a day to day basis than 500 based airframes. Most of the old 500's, mainly the II's and SII's are in the charter fleet. And alot of them sitting on ramps with mold growing.
Lets see: 525 - 690 units and growing, 525A - 461 units and growing, 525B - 340 units and growing, and 525C - a few and growing

Does a CE-500 cover the Encore, Ultra or is that a CE560 Type?

And what is the Excel Type: CE56XL?

Latest resources

Back