Citation Shares

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

sdq

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT IT TAKES TO UPGRADE AT CITATION SHARES ,THEY DONT USE SENIORITY THEY USE THE MERRIT SYSYTEM........DOES THIS MEAN LOTS OF {YES,SIR,YES CAPT,LOTS OF BROWN NOSING?????????

ADIOS

I think it has more to do with gaining a certain amout of experience plus evaluations during recurrent and from standards captains and check airmen.

Although I not quite sure of the point of your post, I am sure that screaming at the top of your lungs does not help. Sounds like you wouldn't fit in there anyway, so I wouldn't be too concerned about it.

xXpress1(Cabana Boy),

Here is what I know of CS:

Captains - start at $50k, and the salary increases to $64k after the first 100 hrs. However, it appears CS is not hiring Captains off the street; upgrades fm in house.

Sked - 7 days on, 7 off. Can have a day of overtime on either side if needed/requested. Have never flown a day of overtime unless I've requested it. Have made myself available for day zero (one day prior to my rotation) and have been assigned every time.

Trips - last seven days were spent in such places as KC, Palm Springs, Long Beach, Houston, Dallas, Cape Giradeau, MO, Morristown, Boca Raton, Atlanta.

Training contract. Believe there is still a 12 month contract.

Pgm Managers. Just begun, with 2 pgm mgrs for each a/c type (CJ, Bravo, and Excel). Very positive, BIG step.

Flt hours. 6 months of flying - 340 flt hours

Best to ya. PIGHEEL

........DOES THIS MEAN LOTS OF {YES,SIR,YES CAPT,LOTS OF BROWN NOSING?????????

Not at all SDQ - The idea behind the merit system is that if you work hard, you will be rewarded (kind of like how the "real" world works.)

The system is labor intensive and costly to maintain. But most important: the pilots like it!

;)

Last edited:
Not at all SDQ - The idea behind the merit system is that if you work hard, you will be rewarded (kind of like how the "real" world works.)

The real world is also full of brown noser's who move ahead by kissing arse.

Probably guys based out of HPN the headquarters move up quicker because they make sure that the chief pilot knows their face.

How does this help the guy based out of MCO that has seen the CP maybe once.

Senority is not perfect but it makes it fair.

Diesel,

I'm sorry but you couldn't be more wrong in your thoughts regarding CitationShares Merit based System.

Fact: (3) of the (6) New Program Managers of CitationShares aircraft Fleets are NOT HPN Based.

Fact: On a personal note, I worked for the company for about 8 months, left to start a new business, came back to CitationShares and 2 months later am one of the new Program Managers..I live in Orlando. I'm an aggressive-go-getter with a mission positive attitude, and the decision makers know it. The last thing that I am is a Kiss Ass and anyone who knows me knows it.

Fact: Schedulers, dispatchers and flight followers at ALL of the fractionals can tell you who are the movers and shakers at their prospective companies. These office personnel share their sentiments regarding flight crew performances with decision makers daily. To ignore this fact is being blind to reality.

Fact: People perform better when they feel that they are doing something rewarding and that in time they will reap those rewards. Chuck Yeager could go to work for a Teamsters or Alpa gig and he'd have to start at the bottom..Heck, at American Airlines he'd retire before making Captain. Would the company get the most out of him? Would he come to work with a feeling of pride that for doing something great instead of good, he may move ahead of "dead wood"? He would only feel motivated by watching the retirement parties and seeing the 60 rule get shot down again.

Fact: Ask the original 200 folks at FO what they think of the integrated Senority System.

Fact: A senority system and union representation don't guarantee ANY longevity with a company. Ask one of the 10,000 airline pilots on the street today. And while you are asking them that question, ask them do they recall any "deadwood" that were "senior" enough to keep their job even though they suck!

Fact: The CitationShares Merit based System is no different than the vast majority of sucessful corporations worldwide. Do a good job, go the extra mile, support your co-workers..and you will move ahead. "The cream rises to the top"

A question..If you were going to start a business and hire 100 workers, what method would you feel would make your employees the most productive? Not being able to move ahead until someone leaves or dies? Or..do a good job and move ahead?

I got alittle long winded here, but felt that some folks don't understand the corporate culture of CitationShares. Textron and Tag Aviation (Tag Heuer) own us, Neil Armstrong is the Chairman of our Board. Neither of these Mega Companies use a seniority based system that I know of and Mr. Armstrong didn't walk on the moon first because of a number. He was one of the best of the best. Think of CitationShares when you think of a company that promotes the best of the best with everything that we do. If you wish to be a part of that philosophy, give us a call, we are hiring.

Happy Holidays and Good Luck to you all.

Jedi

nice post!

But...

TAG Aviation has nothing to do with TAG HEUER anymore!

I know, a little picky, but might save you some embarrasment at a big Citationshares board meeting or something.....

Also Applied

I also applied and strike to get on with a company that uses the merit system, knowing that I would work hard. I'm also wondering if I should be beating down the door or waiting for the call.

P.S. Can anyone tell me if 1800TT and 375ME, even put me in the ballpark?

CitationShares Ownership

Just so everyone is perfectly clear - CitationShares is a 50/50 partnership between Cessna Aircraft Company and TAG Aviation. Cessna is a wholly owned subsidiary of Textron Inc., a publicly traded fortune 500 company (TXT). TAG Aviation is a wholly owned subsidiary of TAG Group SA, a privately held company based in Geneva Switzerland.

Skyking650 said:
Fact: Schedulers, dispatchers and flight followers at ALL of the fractionals can tell you who are the movers and shakers at their prospective companies. These office personnel share their sentiments regarding flight crew performances with decision makers daily. To ignore this fact is being blind to reality.
Jedi

Fact: No non-pilot office person (as professional as they may be) has any idea what goes on, on the road, and has no basis to judge how good of a worker a pilot is, or is not. He only hears the result on that flight by an ending phone call. He is not there during a gusty approach to mins in the snow in Minnesota. He's not there when the pilot consoles an irate pax because his catering isn't there or the flight arrived late because of a previous delay.

So, when the dispatcher gets off the phone with a frazzled pilot, he turns and tells mgmt and says, "Man, what a jerk!"
Is that statement going to stay in mgmts' head? Yes.
Can the pilot defend himself? No.
Was the statement a true judge of the pilot's ability? No.
Is it fair? No
Is it reality? unfortunately.

Since a scheduler, dispatcher, etc. is NOT a pilots' superior/supervisor, their opinion should have no bearing on his/her advancement or lack of advancement. This should fall ONLY on PMs, CPs, and DOs.

Fact: Chuck Yeager is already way beyond retirement age. :D

With regard to each system (seniority or merit), both can be good or bad depending on its implementation. Seniority is working fine (in my opinion) at QS, and merit appears to be working at CS. I have spoken to each CS pilot I have seen in an FBO and each seemed very happy at their job.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back