• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Citation Shares, Net jets Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, I don't think the CS pay scale is officially posted anywhere, but here's how it works....

F/O's start at $35000 per year on all A/C types.

Capt. starting pay is $64000 on all A/C types, regardless of how long you've been employed. (Been here 1 year and upgrade? You make $64000. Been here 3 years and then upgrade? You still start at $6400.) Capt.'s actually earn $50000 per year until logging 100 hrs as PIC, then you go to the 64K level.

At the end of each year there is an individual performance review and an annual salary increase depending on your merit scores. Generally in the neighborhood of around 3% of your base salary.

So far there has also been a bonus payment each year, though it's not guarnanteed. I'm not sure if it's calculated on base pay or if everyone gets the same amount, but this past bonus was somehere around $1000 for me.

There is no sort of 'pay scale' like you might be accustomed to at an airline, just the annual increase each year. It kind of sucks when you upgrade to Capt. in the sense that you 'lose' your previous annual merit increases - no matter how much increase you've earned as an F/O, all Captains start over at $64000.

Overtime is $250 per day for F/O's and $350 per day for Capts. No increases for longevity. This ends up sucking if your a Capt., becuase at the $64000 level, one day of regular time is worth $350. SO for OT you also get $350. Once you get a merit increase at the end of the year, though, you STILL make $350 for overtime, which is effectively LESS than you make on a regular day of flying.... For F/O's it's not so bad, because $250 is more than you make on a regular day, even after several years of merit increases...

Hope it helps...

Rotello

no matter how much increase you've earned as an F/O, all Captains start over at $64000.

Rotello, you lack perpective. Understandable based on your posted Total Time. CS pays more than Flex, NJA and FlOps.

could you make more as an FO like say 70k and then upgrade and have to take a paycut to 50k?

Lear23driver said:
Rotello, you lack perpective. Understandable based on your posted Total Time.

*sigh* yet another brilliant post berating someone based solely on total time...just wonderful :rolleyes:

the question was not, "who pays more" but rather "what are the payscales" and in that vein, he gave a much more complete answer than your little tiff.

P.S. if your gonna whip it out to prove you are more of a man based on your total time...at least have the brains to spell it correctly :eek:

7/7

and as far as the 7/7 schedules...... are you really gone from home for 7 straight days or are u basically on call for 7 days? I know nothing about the fractional life style as far as sched, pay, and work rules. I am looking to see what its like compared to the airline life.

For those who might have a family and who may have worked for an air carrier, how do u like the fractional side now?

My wife is on the 121 side and I'm on the fractional side. So I can only give you that perspective but I think it's an interesting one because i can compare schedules on a monthly basis.

Right now she's doing standup's. Pretty sweat deal. Actually i'm waiting for my bagel. :)

Now as for my I go out for 7 days. I don't know when I'm going out and I don't know when I'm coming back but it's sometime during those 7 days. There are serious penalities the company must pay for not getting me back by midnight of my last day.

this 7 day tour seemed like it dragged on forever. But having 7 days off is really nice. My wife on her normal 4 day line only has 2 or 3 off. She's pretty senior but the base is closing. :(

It all depends what you like as far as schedules. Personally once your on the 7n7 youd hate to give it up. I'm staying in my plane even though it sucks just to stay on the 7n7.

It all depends on what you like and how senior you are at your current carrier. This is a different type of flying. Being the pilot is a very small part of the job. Your the baggage handler, the cook, the flight attendant, the cab driver, (i refuse rental cars).

When my wife says she's going to be at the terminal in 10 minutes she's out the plane and on the street in 10 minutes. I'm still putting the covers on, checking the oil, getting my bags, cleaning the plane, restocking it, figuring out where the heck we are, how do we get to the hotel....yada yada.

Sorry for the ramble. Just pointing out the different schedules.

I didn't see the NJA payscale posted. Basically, a new hire FO gets 29k before taxes. Plan on being an FO for a long time. Currently we have 52 FOs this payscale. The other 1750 guys are on "captain's pay" which for a junior guy is somewhere around 35-40k. The seven and seven schedule, which the company is only required to provide to fifty percent of any given fleet, as long as there are at least six planes in that fleet with staffing at ninety percent, is tough to get if you are a "captain", due to the fact that 75percent of the pilots are four stripers. See the dilema? Anyways, as for those who are unable to hold the seven and seven schedule, they fly the seventeen day schedule. Pay at netjets Europe is 40k euros for an FO and 70k euros for a captain. They have "home basing", however they are required to work 18 days a month. NJI(netjets international), based out of Savannah, our "gulfstream non-union bretheren" are also fly from home, and I believe are all on the seven and seven, but that would have to be verified by someone in the know. I do know their pay is MUCH higher. I want to say something around 70-100 starting, and wage increases etc, depending on your status, "domestic," "internationall" or "global." Needless to say, I would think it is the best of the three to work at, but what do I know... I don't have the "big picture." The world of fractionals is very different than the airlines. There are good things... and bad things. Don't listen to anyone who hasn't done both if you are thinking about leaving the 121 world. The guys born and raised in the fractional world really don't know anything about the 121 world, and the airline guys really don't know about the fractional world. Two different animals. I'd say the only thing that they have in common (at NJA at least, since we are union) is SENIORITY. Happy Trails! :D

wake up people did anyone see that? $39k

Thats right $39K PER YR to act as PIC macho stud cpt! with NETJETS. How long has that
contract been amendable? Message to your MEC take a page from the
Rick Dubinsky school of negotiations. Your union has done nothing but feed you
a used car salesman bunch of poodle poop for the last 2 years.

maybe i misunderstood, but it sounded to me like the 39K was for F/o's that were getting paid "captain pay", not 39k for junior captains...

...someone correct me if im wrong here, but hell i made more than that flying single pilot King Airs for an ambulance operator :eek:

Latest resources

Back