Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

"v"

Hi all,

I'm wondering what if any is the difference in pay for these two types. Citation vs Lear Capt and FO salaries in different parts of the country.

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Thanks all.

V

Pretty much the same class of airplane as far as pay goes. A CRAP load of each type out there in the field. Although, I would give the edge in pay to the Lear for someone with time in the bird, since it is a demanding jet, and the Citation is not.

The difference in pay is nation-wide is tough to pin down as it's an employers market right now.

YMMV

Thanks for the input ultrarunner! While we're talking lears, are there any operators around so.cal apart from airnet that fly freight in learjets?

Can't help you on that one V. I'd suggest canvasing the area for that intel. And I suspect folk based out there on FI will chime in.

I don't know the name of the operator but there is an operator in the bay area that has Lears as well as Metros

I'm thinking that Greed is thinking Ameriflight. They, however, parked all their Learjets about 18 months ago. No bank check work anywhere anymore for Learjets and their passenger operation was dwindling.

TransMach

In 2008 and 2009 I made $45k/ year flying SIC on the lear 31/35/55 for a charter/management company in south Florida. PICs made $74K/ year. I would suspect that its a little lower now.

In 2008 and 2009 I made $45k/ year flying SIC on the lear 31/35/55 for a charter/management company in south Florida. PICs made $74K/ year. I would suspect that its a little lower now.
It is.

FWIW, the LR 31 and 55 usually command a slight premium, as some insurers want time in specific aircraft (500 hours is common).

If you can FIND a job available for a new Corp owner in a 20-series, you can probably command a slight premium being current FSI with time recently in a 20-series, because, well, flying a 30-series or 55 is easy compared to flying a 20-series Lear.

Other than that, yeah, shake a tree and a Lear pilot falls out. The most recent jobs I've seen have CA pay anywhere from $50k to $60k, or, more to the point, the same thing I was making doing that job 10+ years ago (1998 to be exact, I was making $55k and thought it was a little low back THEN).

And no, there are a couple Ambo Lears on the Left Coast, but no freighters that I know of.

Don't know much about the Citation end, never flew one.

Which company was that?

Company I worked for pays $200-250 day for SIC and $400 day for PIC for the 35/55. Welcome to S. Florida! When I was in Dallas at Simuflite last time around, guy from So. Cal was making 600 a day as a PIC. It really depends on the operation and location.

Latest resources

Back