Citation 500 questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

qwerty

Does this A/C require 2 pilots and would sic time in this a/c do me any good?
thanks

A C-500 requires 2 pilots however, a C-501 only requires one.

Sim time always helps, the company I used to work for used Flight Safety every year for checks.

You will like this airplane. Lots of fun to fly.

Let's see if I can make this work:

Everyone hold your left hand out; fingers together, palm down. Place your right hand about 6 inches below your left; again with fingers together and palm down. Now repeatedly slap the palm of your left hand with the back of your right, being careful to hold the left rigid and immobile.

Go ahead, I'll wait................Know what that is?

A Citation trying to penetrate an overcast! :D:D:D You are NOT allowed to tell that joke if you have not flown flown the airplane. That would be poor form.

I always wanted to pop the drag chute, but never did because maint told me the cost of repacking it was a case of Jack Daniel's. In retrospect, it would have been worth it.

Have fun and log every minute.

Last edited:
Citation Single Pilot?

Unfortunately it's true... some of the Citation 500s are certified for single pilot authorizations. 501, 551, 550SII are all single pilot airplanes if the PIC meets the requirements for single pilot authorization and the airplane is so equipped. I have heard of the 560 having a single pilot authorization, but I can't seem to find it anywhere in my flight safety manuals. It's a great airplane to fly and you'll love it - congrats on finding the right seat!

Oh yeah- Brother Francis - funny joke, I'll tell that one on my next trip!

Fly Safe

You can also obtain single pilot sign off on the Citation V (560) from FlightSafety or Simuflight. I held one for a while and let it lapse. Good for one year. Now the 560XL different story. Two pilots even though Cessna wanted to make it a single pilot A/C.

Latest resources

Back