Cincinnati area

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

nathan jesup

I was just hired by an airline with a base in CVG (I know, there are many), and am planning on eventually moving to the Cincinnati area.

Any advice on nice areas or areas to avoid? Any comments on living in Hebron, Burlington, or Florence?

Please PM me with any ideas. Thanks.

Fort Mitchell is nice. It's close to almost everything and there are good private and public schools.

Burlington and Hebron are nice. Florence has some nice areas but there are some that aren't that great. I agree that Ft Mitchell is nice too, I just prefer to be a little bit closer to the country. It's the same drive to the airport from Ft. Mitchell as it is from Hebron/Burlington. Ft. Mitchell is closer to downtown, Newport, and Main Strasse. Look at Independence, Cold Springs, Ft Thomas and Union as well. All nice areas. All very affordable.

You're going to get some comments on here about Cincinasty, etc, etc. Don't believe it. CVG is a decent sized midwestern city and a very nice place to live, especially on the Kentucky side of the river. The north side of Cincinnati is nice too. I'm just partial to Northern Kentucky. It doesn't have the benefits of a New York or Chicago, but it doesn't have all the crap of New York or Chicago either. Think of it as more like STL , BNA or MCI. Good solid decent hardworking Americans. They have the Reds, the Bengals, a symphony, horse racing and plenty of outdoor recreation (hunting, fishing, boating, cycling, etc). Except for a couple of noted areas the CVG metro area is a very safe place to live. I recently moved from there but I really enjoyed living there. It was a tough call to leave but I was trying to improve my commute.

Good luck to you and congrats on the new job.

Burlington and Hebron are nice. Florence has some nice areas but there are some that aren't that great. I agree that Ft Mitchell is nice too, I just prefer to be a little bit closer to the country. It's the same drive to the airport from Ft. Mitchell as it is from Hebron/Burlington. Ft. Mitchell is closer to downtown, Newport, and Main Strasse. Look at Independence, Cold Springs, Ft Thomas and Union as well. All nice areas. All very affordable.

You're going to get some comments on here about Cincinasty, etc, etc. Don't believe it. CVG is a decent sized midwestern city and a very nice place to live, especially on the Kentucky side of the river. The north side of Cincinnati is nice too. I'm just partial to Northern Kentucky. It doesn't have the benefits of a New York or Chicago, but it doesn't have all the crap of New York or Chicago either. Think of it as more like STL , BNA or MCI. Good solid decent hardworking Americans. They have the Reds, the Bengals, a symphony, horse racing and plenty of outdoor recreation (hunting, fishing, boating, cycling, etc). Except for a couple of noted areas the CVG metro area is a very safe place to live. I recently moved from there but I really enjoyed living there. It was a tough call to leave but I was trying to improve my commute.

Good luck to you and congrats on the new job.[/
QUOTE]

Oh good God...don't do it. If you are used to culture, a vibrant downtown, and diversity, you will hate Cincinnati. EVERYONE that I knew in CVG that had previously lived in other cities moved out...including us. To each their own though. My idea of a fun Saturday night was not hanging out at the local Walmart...

Stay as far away from cincinnati as you can. I don't care if you live in LEX or SDF and drive just don't live near in Cincitucky. I have never spent more time around WT redneck backwoods hillbillies that think they live in the greatest town in the world. Between the crappy weather and the racial tensions I really don't know why anyone lives there.

whew that wore me out...

If you don't mind a 20 min commute to the airport with never any traffic, Check out Anderson Twp. )Ohio side. Very good school district, shopping, real nice parks, golf, hospitals etc,, close to the city. The winters are hit or miss ( mild or overcast and light snow.) Great place to raise a family. Was never on the Kentucky Side. If you need any more info just PM me.

Stay as far away from cincinnati as you can. I don't care if you live in LEX or SDF and drive just don't live near in Cincitucky. I have never spent more time around WT redneck backwoods hillbillies that think they live in the greatest town in the world. Between the crappy weather and the racial tensions I really don't know why anyone lives there.

whew that wore me out...

Yeah...what he said. Everytime I think about that place I throw up a little in my mouth!

Ohio is not the arm pit of the world! It is the @ss- of the world! And CVG is the HOLE!:puke: Don't do it, for the love of God, don't do it!!!!!!:eek:

This thread is titled "Cincinnati area" but most everyone is really talking about Northern Kentucky. I lived on the north side of Cincinnati (Mason) for 9 years and it is nothing like Northern Kentucky. So the phrase "Cincinasty" should be "NoKenNasty". Every Comair guy seems to want to live close to the airport (Northern Kentucky) and then say they live in Cincinnati and say that Cincinnati sucks. If your going to move the area, be willing to drive a little and live on the Ohio side of the river.

Latest resources

Back