CHQ RJ in Pit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flash

I saw a Chq RJ in Pit today. White with blue, no lettering but the "n" number ended with "RP" Does anyone know if this is just a "loaner" or is it part of the new Republic division? Just curious..

Probably it was one of the two "spare" aircraft that we just purchased from somewhere in Europe. They are registered with RP at the end instead of SK and are supposed to be a generic paint so it can be used anywhere in the system. Although if you go to www.republicairlines.com there is a link to an email for job applications. Apprarently they have been interviewing for Republic at the HQ's in Indianapolis. The same person doing thr interviewing for Republic does the interviewing for Chautauqua also.

Saw the same plane in CMH. Talked to the crew, turns out it's a used RJ purchased from a Greek airline, hence the livery. They said all new jets are now getting the RP instead of the familiar SK.

What's up D.G?

Last edited:
These airplanes are indeed the used ones we got from Greece. The company memo that came out last week says these aircraft are to be used in the US Airways system, so I assume they will be painted soon.

As for the RP tail number, all of our new aircraft have this. Started with the Delta planes that we are getting.:D

I saw one of the new Greece planes in LGA yesterday. Two words: UG-LEE!

Latest resources

Back