CHQ: Anyone in the pool been called?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Next class date?

Has anyone heard of the next possible class date? I'm hearing October 28th, any validity to that? And if so how far in advance would Rosa call people? Thanks for any insight! Can't wait for my chance to jump up in the cockpit of the Jungle Jet!

PUflight,
Sorry no info on the next class, but when I got the call last year for my class it was 3 weeks in advance. Not sure if that is standard for them or just the way it worked out. You say possible Oct. 28th class and a few posts up BeechFO said you had info on the Oct. 7th class. Is that Oct. 7th class for sure and where do you keep hearing about all this. When I talked to them several weeks ago they were pretty reluctant to give out any info.
Thanks.

If you don't like the latest rumor...

...wait ten minutes, it'll change.

Latest rumor I've heard from someone on the inside is a mid to late November class, but that very well could change. The October 7th class is happening, and only has one or two people from the pool, the rest were hired within the past six weeks or so. Lots of speculation abounds as to what that means.

I hope I'm wrong and they do have an October 28th class...

:D

I kind of got that information by deductive reasoning. I talked to Rosa last week, at first she wouldn't give me any information as to when the next class would be, but later on she said that there might be one at the end of October. It would seem that they would have to run 2 classes a month in order to staff the two airplanes a month that they are receiving. One of my friends is in the Oct. 7th class and supposedly there's only around 10 people or so in that class. So with two airplanes a month that's around 20 pilots needed per month to staff the airplanes. One of my old professor's used to be a chief pilot at CHQ and he said that they try to staff the airplanes with 5 crews per plane. So that's where I'm getting that info from. Might be right, might be wrong. Who knows?

Interview

I sent out my resume a week ago, should I give Rosa a call to find whether they got it? How have the rest of you dealt with this?

Forgive my ignorance please, who is CHQ?
j

Thank you very much,adf1856

j

Latest resources

Back