Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Pelican 10

PELICAN 10
..need a little info guys.....Chief pilot salary, 1 mid size jet (big lear 45 or 60), 3 crew, central US, Part 91 ?...

TKS

From Avcrew 2007 survey

All numbers are averages, there is a VERY wide range in many of the airplane specific numbers. For example, the high end to low end for LR60 is $107,500 to $72,000.

By Title--CP (Part 91 Midsize jet) $97,421
By City Size--CP (Large City [1-3 million]) $91,803
By Type--CP (LR45) $85,783
By Type--CP (LR60) $89,750

These ALL seem low to me, but that's the data.

..seems kinda low...I was thinking 115k on the low/ 135k mid / 150k high

Am I way off....need opinions guys, need to make my mind by the weekend.

TkS a bunch for the answers though.

I hope you get what you ask for, but remember this isn't even a super-midsized airplane we're talking about. Learjets will always have the stigma of being a "little jet" and I beleive that's why the lower pay previals. That and we as a collective whole have made our beds and we now have to sleep in them. I say go for that 135k+ range and if you get it you've bettered yourself as well as our profession. I would also try to get the NBAA numbers. I don't have that survey in front of me but usually they aren't too far off of AvCrew. Good Luck.

100 - 120 in Chicago maybe? But the rest of the Midwest 90 - 110. I am on my second Midwest(OH - PA) Lear 45 operator and that seems to be the going rate. Get what you can, but survey numbers in this region aren't great.

Chief Pilot for that aircraft NBAA Jet III classification for your region is between 105K-120K. If you report to an officer of the company and have other duties besides flying you are considered an Aviation Department Manager and those NBAA numbers are 110K-130K salary. Total compensation would be an additional 20% on top of salary. Hope that helps and these are the 2007 NBAA numbers.

Latest resources

Back