Cherry Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Tetauy

Does anyone know any information on Cherry Air based out of ADS? I am thinking about applying there and just wanted to see what I could gather as far as pay, work schedule, maintenance, aircraft, average flight time per month, etc... Thanks.

Use search function

do a search under Cherry Air, there is alot of info at this site

oppsahh,
why exactly did you run as fast as you could? Did you get the type when you got hired and were one of those that jumped ship? I heard a lot of people did that and at the time that is what they were known for. Well thanks for the heads up. I am going to research them more but anything else you can think someone should know would be great.

The schedule was never 31 days on call, currently 21/7 for the lears and 11/2-5/3 for the 20s. Call out has always been 60 minutes page to wheels up. The lear guys get stuck on the road quite often but tend to fly more than the 20s. Mx could be better, you have to make the best of it...

I have a few more questions about Cherry Air. How do they get around the 135 mins for 21/7 schedule? Don't you have to have 24 hours off in any 7 consecutive day period per regs? How does the duty time workout if you are on call all the time? Do you just have to make sure you don't go over your time and let dispatch know your status? I think Cherry would be a great company to work for, one reason being the type of flying you are doing. What is the upgrade and contract commitment for both FO and Capt? Also, what are the average flight times per month for an FO on both the Lears and Falcons these days? I know I have more questions but these will do for now. Thanks.

Thanks for the info on Cherry. I thought that when they hired you that you got typed in the aircraft and that is why they have the 1 or 2 year contract. I understand the poor working conditions(On demand 135) and pay but I think the flying should be good. Do you have any idea what the normal hours per month/year are? Anyone else have any info to include? Thanks again in advance.

I have a family member that used to be the chief pilot at cherry. Tht was about 2 years ago now so anything I know is totally out of date. From what I know and have heard through him, oppsahh is for the most part right on. I don't agree with the crappy training part, maybe he just got there at a bad time, everything else is about right. Cherry's frieght is based on two things primarily. 1-automotive parts 2- seasonal airfrieght (ups, abx)
When either of those two things are down there is NO flying to be had.

Just my .05 worth

Just like Ameriscare and Grand Scaire ???

Latest resources

Back