Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cheep hotel suggestions at IAH with shuttle?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bear in mind, when you say "cheap" you know what to expect. Haven't used them in years so I don't remember any of the going crew rates, when offered. I remember around 50-60 when all is said and done.

Clarion 2819878777
Comfort Suites 2814420600
Country Suites 2819872400
Sleep Inn 2814427770
Ramada Inn 2818830020

First 4 have a breakfast as well are in the same general area with a Subway, Godfather's Pizza, Taco Bell, Jack in the Box, and gas station near by.

The Ramada is out the other direction, there's some stuff not too far of a walk. Can't remember what.

Last edited:
You gave out all that info and left out Hoot County!!:beer::beer:

I know, WTF was I thinking? You also got the rub and tug and liquor store also. What more could a pilot ask for?

Thx dojet! What's hoot county? A cowboy bar?

Not really, kind of a "dive bar" if you will. I think it may be run/managed by a CAL guy, not sure. Standard bar, pool table, juke box, karaoke nights, etc. Pretty diverse crowd. With it's location, there's usually CAL/XJT types hanging there. Whether they're because they commuted in that night, are in training/doing a PC/PT, or are MEC members as the CAL/XJT MEC HQ is located not too far from there.

If you want "flavor", go the original. Which I believe has been renamed to the "Hoot Country". It's in what used to be a garage, and more of a dive feel than the Hoot County. If you got the funds, and the A squad is working, ask for a "nipple beer".

If it's the day time, and the B squad is working, well, ya can't really go too wrong either. Each one of those things is about as big as your head.

If anyone else is interested,

I just researched all these and I found:

Clarion 49 buxx
Comfort 49 buxx
Country Suites 49 buxx
Sleep Inn - out of business
Ramada 39 buxx

all of them have free wifi, 30 mins between free shuttle, free parking, free hot bfast, outdoor heated pool, dayroom available (same rate), 6pm day of arrival no penalty cancellation policy,

the ramada did sound like it was not as nice, and it definately is in a different area with less stuff to walk to (from what i could see on google maps) but it is 10 buxx less if you are just in for 8 hrs of rest,

-Goo

Goo,

Did you call the Airport Marriott?
They use to have a good deal but I think it went to around $75 ish?
Good for super late commutes in with Early departures cause there is no need for a van.

Latest resources

Back