• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Checkride Qs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't think they can do multiple failures on a certificate ride (ie upgrade), and the usual policy is not to do it on jeopardy PC's.

Like someone said, if the instructor fails multiple stuff, you have already passed.

However...if YOU screw something up which leads to additional failures, that's your problem. You can dig yourself a hole.

I don't think they can do multiple failures on a certificate ride (ie upgrade), and the usual policy is not to do it on jeopardy PC's.

Like someone said, if the instructor fails multiple stuff, you have already passed.

However...if YOU screw something up which leads to additional failures, that's your problem. You can dig yourself a hole.

In regards to multiple failures, when I did checks the only multiples was an engine fire and failure.

A Check Airman and Designee work as a Representative of the Administrator per the MOU (the company signed with the POI) and Part 183. They are to follow the Order 8900 and the approved training program as approved. If they are acting outside of the approved program the POI or APM should be informed. If you wish not call the POI directly, you can call the 800 number on faa.gov.

I remember the 8 hour orals and the "lets see how many failures it takes to make him crash" check rides. That is not the current guidance. There are dead training crews because of that nonsense.

However an engine failure in a multi engine aircraft or electrical or hydraulic failure can cause several systems or parts of systems to become inop. I remember an aircraft that a total loss of hydraulic fluid would fail the flaps, brakes, normal gear extension, nosewheel steering, and I may be missing something but that is that aircrafts' systems.

Latest resources

Back