Charter Companies in Wichita

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RichardRambone

I'm looking for some charter companies in the Dub K. I know about Raytheon but is there any charter outfits that might hire me now or when I hit my 1200? Looking to maybe relocate to Wichita. I'd appreciate any info.

I think Ryan has a corporate office here and there are a few other people that have corporate aircraft but I think they have filled all their positions and I think raytheon is going to hire 3 more people they just hired 3
midwest corporate aviation is your best bet their chief pilots name is marvin heskett ,lone star has a aviation dept and so does Koch
good luck

With your time, I'll second Midwest Corp Aviation... they operate "Life Team" (air ambulance) and use two C-90s, which they utilize two-pilot crews. Your chances of getting on SIC there would be better than EagleMed (also air ambulance), which actually has 6 King Air 90s.

EMD requires at least 2000TT, 500ME and freight pilots are usually the first pilots considered due to the kinda crap they fly in, and the fact that they generally have strong single-pilot IFR skills, as EMD operates single-pilot (autopilot in lieu of SIC).

You can check out Executive Aircraft at ICT. I think they have a charter department (Air Shares?? something like that) of Barons and King Airs, maybe more.

Like 70-SS mentioned, check out Empire Airlines. They have an F-27 based here which goes down to Dallas (Alliance?) most nights.

Hope that helps, but let me know if you have any more questions. :)

All of Ryan's operations are based in Rockford, IL now. Although it's been rumored that Ron Ryan may be starting up something again in Wichita. (RR sold Ryan Intl to Rubloff Development a couple of years ago, thus the move to RFD).

Just out of curiousity, can anyone give me the low-down on what happened to MacAir of MacPherson KS, just up the road from ICT? I used to work for them way back in '99, and I heard old John sold out, then the company got shut down a few years ago. Hoping someone in the ICT-SLI area can update me if possible.

Thanks in advance.

I used to fly for Mac Air back in 97-98. John sold it to some outfit out of Texas, and it is completely gone now. We had some good times there, but I sure was glad to be done with that company. Loved McPherson, however.

CD

Latest resources

Back