• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Sonic Cruzer

FLY BOEING!
CAL 1065 Fire - Chaos at COS

While shooting autolands at KCOS 35L this afternoon, approach mentioned an inbound emergency. CAL 1065, a B-737, reportedly had a fire. With the CAL airplane about 10 minutes out and everyone racing to get down before an imminent runway closure, the Allegiant MD-80 infront of us went around for a 20 kt wind shear! We had made our touch-and-go a full stop, the MD landed on 17R and soon after the CAL bird made an uneventful touchdown (~1700 MST) and turned off.

The cause of the of the CAL emergency was attributed (ironically!!!) to a passenger's "personal air purifier."

Last edited:
Springs Airport Scare
Reporter: KKTV

A flight headed from Houston to Portland was forced to make an emergency landing in Colorado Springs, after a small fire on board.

Officials from Continental Airlines say a passenger was wearing a device called a "Fresh Air Buddy". It's a personal air-purification device. Airline Officials say the device malfunctioned and started a small fire on a seat.

The plane landed safely and passengers were evacuated. Airline Officials say no one was hurt, and the man who was wearing the device refused medical treatment.

http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/4933291.html

HA!! I was the FO on Allegiant 428 who went around.... It was quite chaotic... What were you guys doing in that guppy? Flight tests?

-Bag

Not the guppy, rather 737-900ER.
Check your PM.

HA!! I was the FO on Allegiant 428 who went around.... It was quite chaotic... What were you guys doing in that guppy? Flight tests?

-Bag

While shooting autolands at KCOS 35L this afternoon, approach mentioned an inbound emergency. CAL 1065, a B-737, reportedly had a fire. With the CAL airplane about 10 minutes out and everyone racing to get down before an imminent runway closure, the Allegiant MD-80 infront of us went around for a 20 kt wind shear! We had made our touch-and-go a full stop, the MD landed on 17R and soon after the CAL bird made an uneventful touchdown (~1700 MST) and turned off.

The cause of the of the CAL emergency was attributed (ironically!!!) to a passenger's "personal air purifier."
Were you in the blue one that kinda looks like the 787 paint job?

An emergency and a go-around is chaos!? UMMM Ok...I guess my idea of chaotic is a little different.

Latest resources

Back