• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Change in IBT1108 leadership at Options

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just because everyone isn't ready to jump from the frying pan to the fire doesn't mean we are blind to what's happening.

The pilot group presenting a unified front will show that we can agree on something. It will be pretty clear that the possibility of a union vote is more real than ever. If the mgmt in Cleveland doesn't respect that then they'll continue on this course.

JM is actually one of ours. He is a CL300 captain.

He probably feels he is senior enough to not be affected by a seniority integration.

So, unfortunately, there are a few at FJ that want the integration. They just aren't thining of the pilot group as a whole.

Let me start by saying I never wanted any of this. The sale, Integration, the infighting, all that is currently happening. But it IS happening, all of it. You and many others just don't see it or choose not to. I believe you to be an honest person who's views and perception of reality just differ from what it actually is significantly. There have been those who have suggested that you have an agenda on this site, I never believed it for a moment. If however you actually have taken the time ( I don't even know how hard it is) to find out who I and any others that don't share your beliefs identities are, then maybe those accusations have merit. I hope not.

Do you honestly think that the integration of the crewmembers is not taking place as we speak? It may not be in the traditional sense but it is happening. Are there not Flight Options pilots now actively on both seniority lists? Are there not Flight Options pilots currently flying FlexJet aircraft?

You stated that I was probably not worried because I was senior enough that the integration would not affect me. That is a true statement, provided that the integration takes place under the direction of anyone but OneSky management. My almost 17 years at this company has earned me that right because that's one of the things an honored seniority system provides and always has. You seem to begrudge me that right and label me as not thinking about the group as a whole. Not fair sir, and I could just as easily say the same about you.

What really worries me and should you as well is all that is happened and is happening since the buyout took place.

Divide the groups. It started the day of the announcement and has continued unabated since. Flight Options was labeled the "Bargain Brand" FlexJet the "Premier Brand". Split the pilots into 2 camps.

Allow Flight Option pilots to transfer to FlexJet. Pit that already divided group even further against each other.

Introduce the Dedicated Crew concept to the FlexJet group and now they are forming into separate camps and fighting among themselves as well.

What kind of message are these decisions sending? If theory turns out to be true and not enough crews from either group are found to man the new dedicated planes and newhires are used to fill the seats, you can add another group of antagonists to the long list.

What message is sent and what conclusions can we come to when someone specifically devises a written plan to terminate 5 employees for exercising their legal rights.

Or when they don't ask for or consider the opinions of the largest group of employee's about something as basic as the uniform they will wear. Worse yet, threaten an employee with a negative job action for writing an email asking them to reconsider their choice.

Or how about deciding on spending millions to change the paint schemes of all our aircraft without any concern for what the actual owners might think or prefer.

What about flying on a company aircraft and treating the crewmembers disrespectfully and unprofessionally.

The integration of the pilots IS happening. The question you need to ask yourself is this: Do you want it done by those who are currently doing it or by the pilot group itself.

FlexJet is Gone! If you still don't believe it than just take a close look at the security stickers next time you park your plane. They say OneSky, not FlexJet.

Let me start by saying I never wanted any of this. The sale, Integration, the infighting, all that is currently happening. But it IS happening, all of it. You and many others just don't see it or choose not to. I believe you to be an honest person who's views and perception of reality just differ from what it actually is significantly. There have been those who have suggested that you have an agenda on this site, I never believed it for a moment. If however you actually have taken the time ( I don't even know how hard it is) to find out who I and any others that don't share your beliefs identities are, then maybe those accusations have merit. I hope not.

Do you honestly think that the integration of the crewmembers is not taking place as we speak? It may not be in the traditional sense but it is happening. Are there not Flight Options pilots now actively on both seniority lists? Are there not Flight Options pilots currently flying FlexJet aircraft?

You stated that I was probably not worried because I was senior enough that the integration would not affect me. That is a true statement, provided that the integration takes place under the direction of anyone but OneSky management. My almost 17 years at this company has earned me that right because that's one of the things an honored seniority system provides and always has. You seem to begrudge me that right and label me as not thinking about the group as a whole. Not fair sir, and I could just as easily say the same about you.

What really worries me and should you as well is all that is happened and is happening since the buyout took place.

Divide the groups. It started the day of the announcement and has continued unabated since. Flight Options was labeled the "Bargain Brand" FlexJet the "Premier Brand". Split the pilots into 2 camps.

Allow Flight Option pilots to transfer to FlexJet. Pit that already divided group even further against each other.

Introduce the Dedicated Crew concept to the FlexJet group and now they are forming into separate camps and fighting among themselves as well.

What kind of message are these decisions sending? If theory turns out to be true and not enough crews from either group are found to man the new dedicated planes and newhires are used to fill the seats, you can add another group of antagonists to the long list.

What message is sent and what conclusions can we come to when someone specifically devises a written plan to terminate 5 employees for exercising their legal rights.

Or when they don't ask for or consider the opinions of the largest group of employee's about something as basic as the uniform they will wear. Worse yet, threaten an employee with a negative job action for writing an email asking them to reconsider their choice.

Or how about deciding on spending millions to change the paint schemes of all our aircraft without any concern for what the actual owners might think or prefer.

What about flying on a company aircraft and treating the crewmembers disrespectfully and unprofessionally.

The integration of the pilots IS happening. The question you need to ask yourself is this: Do you want it done by those who are currently doing it or by the pilot group itself.

FlexJet is Gone! If you still don't believe it than just take a close look at the security stickers next time you park your plane. They say OneSky, not FlexJet.
Excellent post.

So is it the "new" leadership that has decided to petition for single carrier? Do they really feel even with the recent events that they will have enough votes from the FJ side to stay in power?

I don't see a rush for single carrier. Before that happens, there are several areas that need to be clarified-like the fence agreement. Rushing right in, just for the sake of doing something, is not a wise choice.

Whats the Hurry? Give KR a few more months with the FJ crews and they will be starting there own union drive.

Oh and welcome to our new Pilot union Reps..There a great bunch of guys that are looking out for their fellow pilots. I am sure KR is not to happy they won but I am optimistic that only good things will be accomplished with our new voices in office

Last edited:
Rumor is IBT filed for single carrier yesterday. I got an anxious phone call last night. Looks like it was premature, but just for the record, has IBT filed for single carrier at this point?

Latest resources

Back