• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

cfi about to expire

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You can go online to gleim or American Flyers. Gleim does have a time requirement, American Flyers does (16 hours). There is always the classrooms for two days. Personally I'm doing gleim online because I heard you learn a little more.

AOPA

well Aopa has an online course which is quick and easy assuming you have been keeping up with studies and flying in general. the cost if I remember was fairly small (that of two hours of flight).

Or you could take a list of students who have passed a checkride on the first attempt to a local FSDO and show them an 80 percent pass rate to renew your certificate.

also a good time to get that gold seal if applicable.

Jason

I chose the American Flyers online program for CFI renewal. Is it the best? I can't answer that but I was able to get through it without any problems and I haven't instructed in quite a while. It is a bit mind numbing but the result is a renewed CFI. I needed/wanted to renew my CFI quick, easy, and did not want to spend a great deal of time with it.

I don't know the answer, but I know where to find it

Any thought on taking a checkride to renew your CFI. Nothing like flying the plane again (Cash permitting) with a Designee and getting it there and then... Then again you can talk about all the latest FAA hotbuttons as to what to teach etc etc

hahahahahahahahhahahah........hohohohohohohohoohooh......heeheeheeheeheeheeheeheee.......hahahahhahahahahhaha

I almost took you seriously there for a second.

N215CJ said:
Any thought on taking a checkride to renew your CFI. Nothing like flying the plane again (Cash permitting) with a Designee and getting it there and then... Then again you can talk about all the latest FAA hotbuttons as to what to teach etc etc

N215CJ said:

Are you really Ned Flanders?

CFI Renewal

Do you know anyone at the FAA? The POI at your airline, or maybe the one that issued you your initial CFI?

I never understood why people go through the time and expense when you can go right to the FSDO and fill out the 8710 and get your CFI renewed quick and for free.

the online through American Flyers seesm to be the best Pay once and renew for ever without paying again. Good for life.

Latest resources

Back