Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

taz

Board Member
Could anyone provide the real gouge on Centurion Air Cargo.
I seems that they had a series of interviews a few weeks ago.
My buddy was called for both the first and 2nd interviews, but then got a letter saying that he was put into a pool for further hiring.
(which is the same letter that the guy's who only made it to the 1st interviews got)!
From what i understand he was bye-passed for some Arrow air guys and one or two guy's from Florida west and TACA. That seems quite strange, since most of the Arrow Air guys were using this interview as a -Just-In-Case, Arrow's buy out by H I G didn't go through. But from what i understand most of these Arrow Air guy's that were hired are senor pilots and check airmen, may not be going to class at Centurion after all since now Arrow has anounced that they will be purchaseing 5 DC-10-30's from United, and right now Centurion does ACMI flying for Arrow Air to south america.
Could any one put all this into prospective.
Thanks
TAZ.
PS. My jump seat is always open.........Mia Lax....LAX HNL.:)

Don't know too much about Centurion. It was my assumption that they were exclusively tied into the South America ACMI market, that is until I saw one of their aircraft on the ramp in ELLX in March. This might be why they are possibly in an interview mode.

Centurion appears to be one of a myriad of Floridian 121/125 operators that kind of lives in it's own world down there. They all seem to be a pretty tight knit group, with mostly internal recommendations being the most prevalent hiring MO. I would strongly suggest that you find someone to network with that is well tied into that whole South Florida community. It is my assumption and observation that typically these operators seem to hire mostly people that live in close proximity to their base of operation due to the fact that they may not have any reciprocal jumpseat privileges to facilitate any semblance of a commuting type lifestyle. I am sure that there are exceptions to this broad generalization.

Sounds like you possibly are already tied into this network, I guess you could just go down there and pound on their door.

Good Luck!

Re: Centution Interview

[.
I also Interview down at Centurion along with another friend of mine. he was local (lived in the MIA area) i was not he new no one there i had a buddy there who was a Captain there who also was on the interview panel. Iwas called back for the second interview my friend was not. but what was the supprising thing was just like the others i recieved the same letter. so maybe Freep youre right , when it comes down to it its not only who you know but who you live with.
Hope this helps!!!

Latest resources

Back