• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Central Air Southwest?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
anything other than cas, that place sucks!! if you want to put up with bad management this would be a place for you. if you want to build good time, its a great place. other than that, its not! people arent happy, you have to deal with a bunch of crap and a crappy job.

I've been here at CAS for a few months now and have been treated pretty well. I'm based at MKC and see the management people on a day to day basis. I've never had any problems with anyone. Show up, do your job, and everything will be fine. They've never told me to go fly a broken airplane, and they've never told me to go fly thru any weather that I didn't feel was unsafe, although they do expect you to make good decisions. How anyone would really have a problem here is beyond me. All the pilots and the management people are awesome. Sure, the pay is low, but they tell you what it is from day one, and no one holds a gun to your head to come here. If you come here planning on getting rich you're an idiot. They only ask for six months, which is nothing. Dougal, if your Total time is correct, then I'm guessing you gave lots of money to them. Is that why you're complaining?? Why don't you list some specifics?? Of course, there are tough times here. I don't enjoy having to go out and cover another route for a couple weeks at a time, but you do what you have to do. They do everything they can to work with you too. They asked me to fill in on a run yesterday, and I told them I would, but that if there was any possible way for me not to that I'd prefer not to, because today was my wife's first doctor appointment for our pregnancy. They did not send me out; in fact, they put some office people on the routes to help out. When times are tight, everyone pitches in. I saw the boss, JT, flying a route last night, and I think he's going on another one tonight. He's a great guy...everytime I see him he's always friendly and asks how I'm doing and how my wife's doing. I don't know what you're talking about when you're complaining about bad management. If you expect everyone in the world to serve you cookies on a silver platter, you're going to be shocked going through life. If I had to, I'd come back to CAS in the future. I've had a pretty good experience so far, and right now, you can't beat building nearly 100 multi hours a month.

Good eveningggg Central Air? Don't forget to wipe off the landing gear struts or you won't get a treat from the CAS muffin lady. Is it true they are sending bills to former pilots for employment verifications and record releases?

tecmo said:
Is it true they are sending bills to former pilots for employment verifications and record releases?

Probably not to the pilots that honor their commitment of only 6 months.

If you run off after 1 month, 3 months, or 5 months to someother company, who knows??? Who cares???

I've known 3 pilots that have met their commitment and left without any such 'bill'

I just heard that Central Air had a crash last night. Can anyone confirm this?

Last edited:
Nice way of phrasing that.

CASW has a add on climbto350.com. As of today, they have increased the starting pay to $20,000/year.

I wonder if the existing pilots will get a pay raise?

Latest resources

Back