Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
D

deez_nutz2000

Wondering if any of you X-drivers used fltplan.com to file your flight plans. The boss-man is thinking of making a purchase and we are trying to get some "real-world" info on the ten. Any way I could get your detailed fuel burns for each altitude, etc. and any particular likes/dislikes, charcteristics, etc. We will be doing a lot of Chicago to Vegas, Palm Springs, Aspen for the owner and then it would be put on a 135 certificate as well. If any of you guys are 135, what is the hourly rate on the aircraft? Any info you could provide would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Only thing you need to know about the X is that its the Quickest Airplane between Maintenance Bases!!!

What else do you need to know?????????

I agree, our previous a/c manager tried to discourage the 750 to the owner and push the Soveriegn, but honestly I think he wants the ten as a status symbol when he rolls up on the ramp. As most business men are, he wants to see numbers and then opinions, and we are just doing what the "king" asked so we can keep those checks rolling in.

But all info anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated. We have the Cessna info, but I know that there is a differnece between the "sales-pushing" info and the real world info that a ten-driver deals with everyday.

All opinions and info would be awesome to show the man.

Thanks.

deez_nutz2000 said:
We have the Cessna info, but I know that there is a differnece between the "sales-pushing" info and the real world info that a ten-driver deals with everyday.
Last week:
20 cities and 2 countries in 6 days. "0" squawks.
3000# first hour 2000# each hour after.
4 pax or less, count on .90+ cruise.

I agree with NJA Capt. We have had very few problems with our 750. We have never had to cancel a trip on the X. Now our 604 is another story.....

We figure 2500lbs first hr. then 2000lbs at FL41 and FL43.

You'll see .90+ at FL31 thru FL39 (maybe a cold and light 41)

Awsome airplane, though. We have a department record of 705 knts gspd. (I'm sure NJA guys have seen faster.)

Last week going from HPN to CLT, I FLC it at .88 and it still did 1500-1200ft vspd from FL290 to Fl370. (Empty and light fuel)

Fun aircraft,

SCT

I believe it would be a great airplane for a true corporate dept....As a fleet aircraft it suffers just like all cassnas seem to...Not built for the 4 leg grind everyday...2500lbs first 2 hours then 2000lbs every hour after....90 is a fair speed...climbs great to 390 and will climb higher given environmental conditions...pretty much 410 to 450 every cross country trip...pays a pretty big penalty when you throw contaminated runway conditions in....

Hourly rates

Hourly rates run between 3300 and 3500 bucks, depending on the location. Prevailing rates on the "coasts" being the highest. Talk him out of 135 flying, for the sake of your sanity. Good Luck !

Latest resources

Back