• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

kamikaize

Giggity
Hey Guys,

My company is looking into purchasing a few used caravans for cargo charters. Anyone know the going mileage rate and operating costs. I know there are a few caravan pilot websites out there but I cant remember the site names. Any info would be appreciated.

I dunno 'bout the DOC, but I got to poke my big old head into one this past week, and I thought it was kinda' impressive.

I realize they're slow and not considered sexy in the way that a TBM or PC12 may be considered 'sexy' (yes ... I've heard that said). But I found the C208 (brand new pax config'd Grand Caravan) a very classy, roomy interior, and with all the goodies anyone could want up front sans glass flight management systems. Pilot said he loved it, that it hauled ice (Get it? 'Hauled Ice'? LOL! Uhhh ... never mind. :(), passengers liked the ride, etc.

Considering its' initial aquisition cost compared to the PC12 or TBM, and its' operating costs compared to the King Air, I'm surprised I don't see more of them on the ramp. There must be negatives that I'm not aware of.

Minh

Snakum said:
There must be negatives that I'm not aware of.

Minh

It's a single engine. That makes it a deathtrap in pax eyes. Plus It's slow.

It's great for freight though. Has a good useful load, especially with the STC that increases the gross weight to 9,062.

I love flying it, it's a great airplane (for freight :) ).

Of course. Its a cessna. And we all know that cessnas just fall out of the sky!
Yeah ... I forgot about that. :(

Minh
:)D)

i'm wondering myself how he can do it... there's at least $60 of fuel in there. And last time i asked him, i think he said his maintnence cost is between $30-40

Latest resources

Back