• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Capitol question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It also might help for anyone who is sending in their stuff to address it to Capital Cargo, not Capitol. Just sayin'......

I have no A&P ....just trying to be optimistic for an interview. How many ABX guys are taking pilot slots to Capitol do u know of? Are there any guys coming off the street to CAC?

I have heard that the ABX guys have to take a two year lock if they go to one of the other ATSG carriers, and that there may be talk of ABX recalling some more people. That possible recall and the two year hiring lock at ATI or CCI will probably cause the top ones to decline any offers. As far as PFE's, isn't ATI parking DC8's and getting 767's and isn't CCI parking 727's and getting 757's?

Out of curiosity, what has happened to many of the ABX guys who were laid off?

I know some have resurfaced at other cargo carriers such as ATI, Atlas, and USA Jet. Others have gone overseas. How many were laid off total, and is there any hope for them to get recalled now that ABX is showing limited growth.

Thanks for the info. I've been watching this from afar, but have close ties to a town which is close to Wilmongton and I know that part of Ohio's economy has been decimated.

FCN

Out of curiosity, what has happened to many of the ABX guys who were laid off?

I know some have resurfaced at other cargo carriers such as ATI, Atlas, and USA Jet. Others have gone overseas. How many were laid off total, and is there any hope for them to get recalled now that ABX is showing limited growth.

Thanks for the info. I've been watching this from afar, but have close ties to a town which is close to Wilmongton and I know that part of Ohio's economy has been decimated.

FCN

ABX has recalled 25 to 35ish pilots. We have 250 to 300 on furlough. From the message boards (Local 1224) the pilots close to recall are passing ATI and Capitol. The guys 100 to 200 out are accepting the ATI, Capitol offers. The offer is 12 yr pay for the ABX guys, hard to pass up when you are out of work! The rumours from the ABX guys that have been recalled is the recalls will continue. FWIW

I have heard that the ABX guys have to take a two year lock if they go to one of the other ATSG carriers, and that there may be talk of ABX recalling some more people. That possible recall and the two year hiring lock at ATI or CCI will probably cause the top ones to decline any offers. As far as PFE's, isn't ATI parking DC8's and getting 767's and isn't CCI parking 727's and getting 757's?

CCI has 2 757's no plans for any more according to the recent ATSG 10K report. ATI has not indicated any plans to park DC8'S. ATI getting additional 767's is the most likely scenario. The ATI pilots have indicated they are willing to work for less to get more aircraft, looking at the pay I believe that is true.

...The ATI pilots have indicated they are willing to work for less to get more aircraft, looking at the pay I believe that is true.

Putting aside the fact that our pay scales are 6 years old, that's a pretty bold statement coming from the poster child group of the mother of all concessionary contracts.

And unless you're that crap eating fly on the wall in the ATI negotiating room, I think you should keep flame baiting statements like that to your 1224 board.

Sounds like I get to be crammed in the Lear for a while longer then. Good luck to the guys getting recalled and back online. Cheers

Putting aside the fact that our pay scales are 6 years old, that's a pretty bold statement coming from the poster child group of the mother of all concessionary contracts.

And unless you're that crap eating fly on the wall in the ATI negotiating room, I think you should keep flame baiting statements like that to your 1224 board.

Don't shoot the the messenger... just saying what ATI union rep said to 1224 union rep. FWIW....also my money says ATI will get more 767's and receive less pay to fly them it is what it is.

Last edited:

I have to agree with you Astar, thats a pretty $hitty remark for being at the tale end of a 6 year old contract, especially now when furloughed ABX guys have a place to get off the street and work at.

Latest resources

Back