• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Capital Air Cargo?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't know how useful this is, but they are known as a spoof of their callsign as "crappy".

Capital

Do a search here you will find allot about them..they are also posted on the "bad Aviation Jobs site several times...there call sign is Cappy and fly cargo 727's.

been getting the impression thatthey

might not be all that well loved...
I gotta find somewhere else than
where I'm at. Not quite ready to
jump into the fire though.

Last edited:
Na!!!!!!!! Its exciting there!

Don’t know what ever gave you that Idea???

Very Small privately owned company, Mr. Fox owns or has ownership in many aviation ventures including Pegasus leasing in the desert, as well as real estate at MCO, last I heard he owns most of the west side of the airport...

Capital is his toy, he has no unions nor does he want them, pays people pretty well, but you better keep our membership up in the "good Ol Boys club" there or your days are numbered.

Poll other pilots here that have worked there, plenty here to give you input.

On the brighter side, if you like allot of flight planning work to new destinations south of the boarder, like flying night IMC in the mountains with poor Nav-aids, or none, if you love the run-ins and socializing with the local law enforcement and customs agents, if you like having your very own mechanic and spare parts carried with you so you can spend a few days fixing your aircraft and like to depend on questionable flight releases that are minimal incomplete and signed off by mostly unlicensed flight followers, then Capital is just your cup of tea!

Of this information is as accurate as can be but is not warranted. Just keep asking around, you should get an earful if your wait long enough.

Last edited:
Pay isn't that great dude. 32k to start or something like that. No thanks. Goes up VERY slowly. The only thing I liked were the schedules, 16 on straight, but you aren't supposed to jumpseat home for the weekends... screw that.

Lets talk about the important stuff

I don't think this tread was ever intended to concern Capital Cargo International, but since UPSer has taken his silver spoon out his a$$ and thrown in his two cents, I'd like to be in the know on some finer points.

Is the equipment safe to fly over at Capital Cargo International?

The pilots are paid right? Anyone ever know of a situation where employees there weren't paid?

The website says they've wet leased aircraft to most of the Big 3 before. I look at this as them saving the day, getting the freight to its customers.

Don't believe everything you hear

I don't know what most of these guys are talking about, especially rsvm410, but alot of people who are fast to slam an airline are probably people who are bitter because they are not longer working there for whatever reason, or they possess just enough information that they think they're experts.

It is a very small airline owned by Peter Fox based in Orlando. Contrary to what rsvm410 said, there is a union, but they call it an association. Anyway, they have about 13 B727 200's. Callisighn is Cappy. They wanted Capital obviously, but that was taken so the best they came up with was Cappy. None of the pilots really like it either. And no, we've never heard the "Crappy" reference before. Most of the planes are ex AA birds that are in very good condition. Most are dash 15 engines. They're installing RSVM in most of the aircraft, and they have nice GPS's (HT8100's and 9100's). I've been to many of the supplimentals, and there is nothing wrong with the maintenance here. In fact from my experience it's better than most other supplimentals. The equipment is extremely safe the fly over here.
The pay is fair, maybe a little lower than 727 industry standard, but definately better than the regionals by far. FO's can make about $50G a year, FE's make a little more and captains can make around $80G+, but for instance the captain I flew with a couple of months ago make over $120G last year by picking up a little overtime every month. By all means it pays more than the commuters ever will. I've never had a problem in getting paid or getting the correct amount in my check. On time performance is number one. The main customer is BAX (burlington Air Express) up in Toledo.
You work 2 weeks on/ 2 weeks off. Since you're with the plane on the weekends, it's probably not a good idea to js home and ljust eave the plane by itself. Also, supplimentals aren't on many other airlines js lists, so it may not be worth the risk to sneak out over the weekend.

This airline travels you from your home and back on the passenger airlines for FREE. Also, "crash pad" is not in anybody's vocabulary here since the company provides hotels to the pilots while on the road.

In response to rsvm410: There are no "new destinations" south of the border and you do not "flight plan" per se. The only place they fly in Mexico is Guadalajara, Saltillo, and Monterrey. You receive your flight plan from the company like any other airline and blast off. Night time IMC is the name of the game and if you stick to your arrivals in Mexico you'll have no problems with the terrain. Never had any problems with nav aids in Mexico, besides you have GPS. Never had problems with local law enforcement or the Feds in Mexico. The flight releases are never incomplete and/or questionable. All this airline has are licensed DISPATCHERS. Even though they refer to the dispatch department as Flight Following, everybody in there are licensed dispatchers.

Overall, it's a part time job. You go to work 12 times a year for fulltime pay. You have the furloughed major airline guys flying here who are used to the major passenger mentality and they are usually your biggest whiners when they find out that you have to do a few things for yourself over here. Then there are the other pilots who are genuinely happy to be here. Sure pilots whine and moan, but tell me one pilot who does not. Jumpseat on a major airline's B777 and you'll quickly hear the captain cry about how he thinks he's getting screwed; it's all relative. Overall it's a stable airline. there is a class that just started. 6 fo's and something like 2 fe's. They're in the first week of ground school. Rumor says they are even putting together a class after this one.

Good luck. Sol Rosenber

hired as an fo, unless you're an fe and want to only be an fe. they usually hire PFE's who aren't interested or who cannot upgrade anyway.

including perdiem and any bonuses, first year fo pay is around 48-50k year, then goes up every year (sorry, don't have the payscale handy).

Of course, upgrade is subject to the company's needs and also to your total hours and experience. For instance, if you were hired with a total time of something like 1500 hours and no 727 time, the company will want you to probably get at least 1000 hours or more in the aircraft before they upgrade you. However, if you came over from another airline, flew big jets in the past, and have a few thousand hours total time, they will more than likely upgrade you when you have 500 hours in Capital Cargo aircraft. Basically, if you are upgradable, you can do it in a year or so.....if you need to build some experience first, it may be a few years.

Good luck to you.

Latest resources

Back