• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cape Air in BWI???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
what's this i hear about Cape Air opening up a BWI base to service eastern shore of Maryland?

frank purdue would've appreciated the gesture....

IMHO the thing about that is they would have to do DCA to point(s) on the eastern shore. DCA is where the money is (Arlington, Alexandria) at and the people that have it (allbeit BWI area(s) are close (location and $$)).

DCA to OXB and ESN for Cape might work in the summer months. Also DCA to 2W6 St. Marys / PAX River.

Also alittle further north in the PHL area they could do LOM (wings field, Blue Bell PA - big $$$ area) to Ocean City, NJ (just south on ACY) - this is alot closer to the Southern jersey shore big $$$ areas like Ocean City, Avalon and Stone Harbor.

What did you do? Spend all of Peter, Michael, and Samir's "fractions of a penny" at the resort and now you have to go back to work????

If you do go to Cape.....watch out for the sim training -- it's not a "piece of cake" (last time you did not receive a piece, remeber?)

Is Simmons still running flights out of BWI? Last time I heard they were thinking about shutting down. Cape would be a good gig out of BWI to the eastern shore. Good Scenery especially at Ocean City during the summer.

Are there a lot of charter outfits around the Baltimore area? After I get out of college I would like to return to the area.

Last edited:
I thought you couldn't go to DCA without a cockpit door or a 121 certificate. Has this changed? I know we are talking about Baltimore, but people are suggesting DCA.

Latest resources

Back