Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

badog

Right career, Wrong time
I was in ACK last week and saw the news paper stating that Cape Air is getting some new aircraft. Is it true or just the golden carrott syndrome:D

I was in HYA right after a town council or city meeting and someone came into our hangar talking about it. He said an ATR as in one, but they wanted financial support from the local governments to help finance the plane.

Humble

I bet Cape Air could use an ATR in the BOS system in the Summer and SJU in the Winter. It sounds like a good investment---and the extra cargo it could bring to the islands (both North and South) could also add revenue. There are probably plenty of ATR-42's out there available on the market.

Bye Bye--General Lee:cool: ;)

General Lee, I am truly amazed. Dude your everywhere.
This would be great but now they're entering the realm of 121
their 135 cert. will not allow them to operate an ATR42
I think it's California dreamin' or (New Bedford dreamin')
Any way I hate to say it but........We'll see what happens in 6 mo.
General, how could you lower yourself to post on this thread?
HAHAHAHAH...............................:p

Actually, you'd be surprised at how few ATR's there are out there. FedEx (feeder) is scooping them up faster then other carriers can park them.

Badog,

I love all aspects of aviation, and I happen to be home and the weather kinda sucks. (Not as bad as a couple days ago though)
Don't worry, I still give my wife plenty of attention and I have also worked out for an hour today.

Flying Sig,

You are right about Fedex trying to gobble up the ATR-42's. I had an FAA jumpseater last week tell me that they have been reviewing a lot of new air cargo operators who will be contracted out for Fedex flying multiple ATR's. Sounds like those F-27's might be going to the bone yard soon.

Bye Bye--General Lee:cool: :rolleyes:

According to the newpaper article I read, Cape Air is going after one (1) ATR 42. They want to run this aircraft on the ACK-HYA run only. 1 flight with the ATR will replace 7 Cessna flights. Cape Air has said that in order to do this, they will need money from ACK to help cover up to 3 years of anticipated loss. The ACK folks have authorized 50K to look into the proposal.

The article went on to say that the people in ACK are the ones who went to Cape Air with the idea of a larger airplane. They want something that is quiter and would require less frequest trips.

Isn't there a really nasty AD out on the 400-series Cessna wings?

Does it apply to CapeAir?

If so, what is their answer?

Cape Air ATRS

It was Brassillas last month. They dont no what they are getting yet but eventually will get some type of bigger equipment.
Its not the size that matters its what it pays.

Latest resources

Back