Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

siouxicide

Gimme yo' change
I'd heard rumor that Canada doesn't recognize the single pilot exemption for aircraft such as the CE-500 series, even under Part 91. I can't seem to find anything to validate that. Thanks

The exemption does not allow ANYONE to operate outside of the US and its terriotories.

I have the waiver and will tell you the feds will look at you if you do it. You will not win.

I guess one can assume this is the case, but the exemption doesn't seem to say anything about being restricted to U.S. borders, leading me to believe it's up to the host country to recognize it or not. I'm waiting to hear from Transport Canada to see what they say.

I've heard the same thing about the BE-1900 and Metros. Gotta have 2 pilots there. They don't recognize them as single pilot capable planes..... I have only heard this, can't back it up with anything.

That's the same thing I'd heard. Problem is, it was in reference to Part 135 operations and I'm wondering about 91. Still waiting on TC.

ssshhhh don't tell the gobvement but i've been tooling around for about 3 months total this year single pilot in a metro, and our company has been running one for the last few years single pilot.. They do not recognize the MEL autopilot deferal authorization although, so if the autopilot kicks it then two pilots are required.

I've heard the same thing about the BE-1900 and Metros. Gotta have 2 pilots there. They don't recognize them as single pilot capable planes..... I have only heard this, can't back it up with anything.

Here's an excerpt from TC:

Please consult your FAA exemption 4050 to see if it has a restriction limiting your exemption to the US only. If it has a restriction to US only, then you would contact the regional office of Transport Canada closest to you for further assistance.

http://www.tc.gc.ca/CivilAviation/regions.htm
----------------------

ssshhhh don't tell the gobvement but i've been tooling around for about 3 months total this year single pilot in a metro, and our company has been running one for the last few years single pilot.. They do not recognize the MEL autopilot deferal authorization although, so if the autopilot kicks it then two pilots are required.

We will be looking for you..........

I contacted both Canada and Mexico about 1 year ago regarding this exact same issue. Both countries said that if you are legal to fly in the US you are legal to fly in their country.

Canada specifically said that you can not get the single pilot exemption in a Metro III under Canadian rules, but they recognize your single pilot exemption from the FAA.

Latest resources

Back